MDF West Africa Limited (MDF WA) is the regional training & consultancy provider of MDF Training & Consultancy (www.mdf.nl/ghana) covering the West African Market.
MDF WA works to strengthen the management capacities of people, networks and organisations. We enable professionals, organisations, partnerships & networks to achieve sustainable results and results that matter; for a better world. We do this because we are convinced that people who continue to develop themselves are best equipped to make a sustainable difference towards more equitable societies and the creation of social impact.
Job Title: General Manager
MDF’s core competencies are:
- Training and Consultancy – i.e. open entry or tailor-made training and advise trajectories for individuals, networks and organisations;
- Monitoring and Evaluation– i.e. results-based baseline, mid-term or final evaluations and development of tailored monitoring plans and tools for projects and programmes;
- Project and Programme implementation – i.e. implementation support for partners and the development of our own business ideas.
MDF established its regional office for the West African Region in Accra in 2009.
MDF West Africa is looking for an experienced General manager, who will be accountable for improving business processes to achieve our strategic goals. As a general manager, you will be expected to set policies, plan, lead and control the daily operations, create and maintain budget and coordinate with team leaders to evaluate employees performance and efficiencies.
Main Task and Responsibilities
- Lead the Business Operations team and effectively manage all strategic operational processes and resourcing, and leading the organisation in order to achieve and maintain operational excellence;
- Handle a mix of administrative duties, strategic responsibilities and communicate with team leaders in order to facilitate projects and ensure performance meets goals consistently;
- Provide strong leadership to teams including developing and monitoring individual and team performance goals, and lead major change initiatives;
- Implement appropriate HR strategies and actions to recruit and retain a qualified and motivated team, manage and ensure all ongoing deliverables and projects are met and executed within agreed time and budget are integrated with other business related projects;
- Drive the performance base-lining and metrics reporting, improve processes, design and lead initiatives and programs focused on achieving best-in-class status and improving customer and employee satisfaction;
- Develop and implement communication and reporting mechanisms to manage issues, risks and timely delivery of results;
- Establish a Service Delivery and Operations governance process and fulfil the role of quality manager, ensure effective finance and management information systems and lead and develop support teams of MDF (Finance & administration, IT and Secretariat).
Required Skills or Experience
- 10 to 15 years of experience in Service Delivery and Operations of which 5 years in a managerial position;
- Background in business thought leadership, as well as particular knowledge in the areas of leadership, organizational culture, change management, and managing people;
- Experience of managing large teams;
- Excellent oral, written, cross-functional and interpersonal communication skills;
- Excellent people manager, open to directions and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done;
- Must have handled planning, scheduling and budgeting duties, including conducting meetings, coordinating budgets, meeting deadlines etc.;
- Strong business insight, with proven ability to leverage knowledge base to quickly come up to speed in new business areas and new types of projects;
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of the interdependencies among service operations business units and partners;
- Ability to lead and influence in a multicultural environment and can deal comfortably with other highly skilled senior experts;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and highly entrepreneurial;
- Expert process management skills and demonstrated ability to drive results required.
- Proven ability to multi-task with experience working in a fast-paced environment;
- Leadership, management, time and project management skills;
- Communication, organizational and interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivities;
- Collaboration skills (able to build relationships, influence, manage conflicts and navigate through office politics in order to get things done);
- Pro-active/take initiative, business-driven, professional, service- and client oriented;
- Team player, flexible, goes the extra mile, not a 9 to 5 mentality;
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) on regional and international level via email, phone and face-to-face i.e. respectful, business-oriented, a broad vocabulary, understanding culture and customs;
- Work independently, be and take responsibility to the team and clients, practical approach;
- Can deal with productivity and turnover targets;
- Fluent in English on an international standard;
- The French language is an advantage but not compulsory.
How to Apply
The position will be full-time (40 hour work week). You can submit your application to [email protected] with the subject Application General Manager before the 15th June 2018 (06:00 PM GMT). Applications that are not in before this time will be rejected. Your application needs to include the following:
A cover letter (2-page maximum), outlining your interest in, and qualifications for the position;
Your CV (including two professional references).
An assessment and reference check will be part of the application procedure. There are no relocation funds available. Women and ECOWAS nationals are encouraged to apply.
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU DON’T HEAR FROM US BY 22nd June 2018, YOU CAN CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.