MEDA’s project, Greater Rural Opportunities (GROW), seeks to improve food security for 20,000 families in northern Ghana. GROW helps women increase availability, access and utilization of a variety of appropriate and nutritious food through strengthening production and market linkages, increasing diversification in production, and creating nutrition awareness. The project works in eight districts of the Upper West Region and is at the mid-way point in a six-year lifespan.
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible to oversee effective management of Technology Fund for the GAC-funded Greater Rural Opportunities for Women (GROW). This will include supporting the GROW project in ordering and distributing a number of agricultural-related products in the Upper West Region of Ghana. He will be a highly organized individual, capable of keeping detailed records for multiple supply chain, ensuring commodities are ordered, received, and distributed on time and in good condition.
The Logistics Coordinator will collaborate closely with Key Facilitating Partners, GROW program staff and contribute to its overall success. This position will be based in Tamale and will have frequent travels to Upper West. He/She will report directly to the Country Project Manager and work closely with Finance Manager and Field Area Manager.
- Coordinate with KFP liaisons to determine needed commodity orders and appropriate timelines for delivery.
- Source appropriate vendors for the commodities needed and work with those vendors to ensure orders are met and delivered on time. Troubleshoot with vendors as needed on delayed or damaged commodities to ensure timely resolution of the issue.
- Track orders to ensure timely delivery and receive the orders ensuring that all commodities are received in good working order.
- Maintain detailed inventory lists of all commodities ordered, stored, and distributed.
- Coordinate with KFP liaisons and KFPs to distribute commodities appropriately. This includes organizing transportation and storage of commodities to various sites in Upper West Region of Ghana.
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s degree in relevant field – agriculture, business, finance, administration and other related courses.
- Must be a highly organization individual, able to manage multiple supply chains and keep detailed records.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Good spoken and written English.
- At least 3 years of logistics management and/or supply chain management; or a total of 6 years of applicable work experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience in project management of a complex internationally funded project. Experience working on a women-focused project is an asset.
- Experience working in or intimate knowledge of Upper West Region of Ghana, especially with regards to business relations and transportation issues.
- Demonstrated effective leadership, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Fluency in English is required, also of other Ghanaian dialects.
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s faith, values and goals.
How to Apply
Applicants should apply with their CV and Cover Letter, to [email protected] by 05th March, 2017. Qualified Ghana nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.