To provide technical functions associated with the delivery of pharmaceutical care in accordance with the level of expertise, Standards for Pharmaceutical Care and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Guidelines, and to take temporary charge of pharmaceutical services in the absence of the pharmacist
Job Title: Dispensing Technologist
- Carry out assigned technical activities as defined for the section or unit within which the post-holder is working, in accordance with agreed standards and policies.
- Assist the pharmacist in preparing patient prescriptions for in-patient and out-patient services.
- Prepackage and compound pharmaceutical supplies as required to maintain stock levels.
- Ensure extemporaneous preparations are prepared to standard.
- Assist in the delivery of all aspects of storage, record keeping, stock control and rotation on the wards and pharmacy units.
- Perform and document the inspections of areas where medications are dispensed, stored, and administered; identify and retrieve outdated drugs and supplies and register entries of dangerous medicines in line with the hospital policy.
- Ensure that auditors and monitoring staff have recheck medicines /items received.
- Ensure that value books are prepared for payment to be affected and that the distribution of received medicines is done appropriately.
- Take temporary charge of pharmaceutical services in the absence of the pharmacist, in which case the job holder must limit him/herself to the level of expertise only.
- Take full charge of pharmaceutical services at a Health Center.
Communication and Working Relationship
- Maintain effective communication with staff, patients, and customers regarding pharmacy activities.
- Work effectively in a team with other health workers in the facility.
- Work with and assist in the supervision of Medicine Counter Assistants in a fair and impartial manner.
- Attend and contribute at staff meetings.
Person and People Development
- Take responsibility for own professional development.
- Attend in-house training sessions relating to pharmaceutical services and other aspects of professional development.
- Keep up to date on job-related issues as appropriate.
- Keep a log of own performance and in-service training log for purposes of appraisal.
Required Skills or Experience
Prospective candidates must have the following qualities;
- Posses accreditation from the Pharmacy Council.
- Must have worked in a similar capacity for at least two (2) years.
- Must be able to work under little supervision.
- Must be willing to work under pressure and for extra hours.
- Excellent customer care abilities.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their CVs and covering letters to [email protected] and copy [email protected] not later than 24th August 2018.
The title of the job being applied for should be stated in the subject line of the email.