Proven experience of minimum 5+ years as a purchasing manager/ merchandiser of food, beverages and toiletries. This includes, but is not limited to:
Job Title: Procurement & Merchandising Manager ( Supermarket)
Education: Graduate/ MBA /PG
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Chilled dairy products
- Frozen foods
- Canned foods
- Alcoholic drinks
- Carbonated soft drinks
- Tissue products
- Specialty food
- Basic math skills and strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability to analyze data and work with figures.
- Proficiency with computer applications and programs including ERP, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office and operations related applications.
- Effectively source new products at competitive prices.
- Effective negotiation & networking skills.
- Experienced with visual merchandising and guide in store displays.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness, including rotation and effective disposal of fruits and vegetables.
- Ability to develop good relationships with suppliers and customers.
- High energy, enthusiasm and display and affinity for our products, core values and company philosophy.
- Able to assess, manage and mitigate risks.
- Solid judgment and decision making skills.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of frozen products and all other grocery products.
- Focus &attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency.
- Capable to interpret with compliance requirements of local FDA regulations.
- Ordering, replenishing, and merchandising of perishable and non- perishable products, as well as taking the lead on sales promotions.
- Replenishing products through proper buying procedures.
- Ensuring product orders are timely and accurate to monitor inventory turns.
- Ensure the product mix meets varied customer dietary needs and requests.
- Monitoring product quality and freshness and ensure proper rotation of
- Ensuring good visual displays and branding in stores.
- Educating subordinates and store sales staff on new, imported and private label products.
- Monitoring department waste, spoilage, expiry, damages.
- Effective reporting of key functional metrics of sales and profitability and reduce expenses/costs
- Ensuring increase in sales and profitability
- Crafting negotiation strategies and closing deals with optimal terms.
- Having good market awareness to forecast price and market trends, to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power.
- Performing cost and scenario analysis and benchmarking of products vs competitors.
- Seek and partner with new, reliable vendors and suppliers.
- Monitoring and forecasting upcoming levels of demand.
- Maintaining financial profitability by meeting and exceeding margin and sales targets.
- Responsibility and accountability in recognizing and accomplishing all tasks where there is a direct job responsibility.
- Ordering, replenishment and merchandising of frozen grocery products.