Merchant Bank Ghana Limited (MBG) provides a comprehensive range of banking services to its customers and clients, using its worldwide network of correspondent banks and their agencies. The range of MBG’s banking services includes:
- Domestic and International Banking Operations for Corporate Customers, Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and, High Net-worth Individuals;
- Treasury Services
- Money and Capital Market Operations
- Foreign Remittances
The Bank has two wholly owned specialised subsidiaries namely;
- Merban Investment Holdings Limited (MIHL) – dealing in Funds/Portfolio Management, Money Market Operations, Investment Advisory Services, Trustee Services and Custodial and Nominee Services;
- Merban Stockbrokers Limited (MSL) – dealing in Brokerage Services, Underwriting of new Issues, and Investor Search & Joint Venture Arrangement; and
The MBG group also has the following additional specialist services tailored to meet its customers’ needs:
- Registrar Services – maintaining records of Shareholders and Creditors, facilitating dividend payments to Shareholders; and
- Corporate Finance & Advisory Services (CFAS)- handling Corporate restructuring, Joint Venture Arrangement, Company Valuation, Project Finance; Funds Sourcing, Issuing House Services and General Financial Advisory Services.
The bank has taken advantage of the opportunities offered by the introduction of Universal Banking Business in Ghana and MBG has fully developed all three areas of universal banking namely; Retail, Corporate and Investment.
The branch network of Merchant Bank currently stands at 21 with plans afoot to extend our services to the Northern and Brong Ahafo regions soon.