Meridia is looking for a Data Manager based in our Accra office, to oversee the review and verification incoming field data of farm and residential surveys across Ghana. The data consists of spatial data (GIS) and attribute data, biodata and legal land rights data.
As Data Manager, you will be working with our back-office data system to systematically review, clarify, improve and verify field data, both spatial (geographical) and non-spatial (text and images). You will be responsible for data going out to corporate clients, government agencies, licensed surveyors and other key stakeholders.
You have a knack for finding data anomalies, meticulously checking that everything is correct. We need you to be diligent and timely, present with the task at hand as well as a team player. We’ll make sure you are working closely with our data team, field teams and management, essentially your role is to make sure that our product is of highest quality, and they will help you succeed.
Job Title: Data Manager
Data Manager key activities
- Managing the data review and approval process with all stakeholders
- Coordinating data reviews amongst the data team and correct data records
- Performing extensive data analysis to find inconsistencies and anomalies and develop approaches to resolve them
- Managing data validation processes with licensed surveyors and lawyers
- Managing the training and instructions for field agents to improve data entry quality
- Cross-checking information with our field teams, management and experts
- Provide regular management reports and take part in the Ghana management meetings
- Staying up to date regarding Ghana’s regulations and land laws and disseminating the latest knowledge with all staff
- Running bulk data queries, transformations and tests with software such as MS Excel, QGIS
- Supporting the Sr Data Engineer, who is based on Europe, on data projects
- Engaging with the data teams of our clients (including the world’s largest cocoa companies)
The ideal candidate…
- Minimum qualification is a Masters degree from a reputable university
- At least three years of experience in a position in the field of data at a similar organisation as Meridia (a fast-growing scale-up company)
- Experience in data review, data analysis, data processing and ETL
- Very good computer skills with Microsoft Office and other tools
- Collaborative and solution oriented
- Strong with language, numerical input and maps
- Excellent professional English
- Prior knowledge about Ghana’s land laws and land rights is a plus
- Having had extensive exposure to rural environs and cocoa farming communities is a plus
- The role is full-time.
- Work location is at our office in East Legon, Accra (partial working from home during Covid)
- Starting date: June/July 2021
- We offer a market rate salary (GHS 60K – 80K annual gross) and benefits package
- Applications will be processed on a rolling basis