Methodist Book Depot is located in Accra, Ghana. Company is working in General office services, Stationery business activities.
Job Title: Managing Director
The Managing Director is responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of the Company’s long term strategy with a view to ensuring growth and creating shareholder value. The Managing Director’s responsibility also involves being ultimately responsible for all day-to-day operations and management decisions. The Managing Director acts as a direct link between the Board and Management of the Company and communicates to the Board on behalf of management. He or she also communicates on behalf of the Company to shareholders, employees, suppliers, customers and other stakeholders.
Key Roles And Responsibilities
The key responsibilities of the Managing Director include the following functions:
- Ensure, in consultation with the Board, the development of the Company’s strategic plan . Drive the execution of the Company’s long, medium and short term goals in accordance with its strategic plan
- Ensure the Company is appropriately organized and staffed and to exercise authority according to the labour laws to hire and terminate staff as necessary to enable the Company achieve its goals
- Ensure that expenditures of the Company are within the approved annual budget of the Company. Account quarterly to the Board about his or her stewardship and the business health of the Company
- Determine the principal risks of the Company and to ensure that these risks are monitored and managed
- Ensure effective internal controls and management information systems are in place
- Ensure that the Company maintains high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility wherever it does business
- Communicate effectively with shareholders, Employees, suppliers’ customers and other stakeholders
- Ensure that both management and Directors are adequately informed .about policies and operational directions of the Company to enable them make appropriate judgments
- Ensure the integrity of all public disclosure by the Company
- In consultation with the Chairman, to develop Board agendas; and to request that special meetings of the Board be called when appropriate
- In consultation with the Company Secretary and Chairman, to determine the date, time and location of the annual meeting of the Company’s shareholders and to develop the agenda for the meeting
- Lead by personal example and encourage all employees to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and the Company’s standards and policies.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have a Master’s degree in any discipline in business, with at least 15 years of work experience, 5 of which must be at executive management level.
- Work experience in the book industry will be an added advantage.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be a Christian with high integrity.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Must have passion, presence and influence to ensure growth.
- Must be abreast with current trends in the book industry.
- Must have strong business development skills and high business acumen.
- Must have the requisite human relationship skills to get the ultimate support of all stakeholders
- Must be computer literate, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be innovative and have the quality to respond to modern trends within the book industry.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their applications including Curriculum Vitae and scanned copies of certificates to:
The Solicitor Secretary
Methodist Book Depot Limited
P.O. Box GP100
Soft copies may be forwarded to email:[email protected]
Only short listed application will be contacted.