Posted on :
31 Mar, 2014
31 Mar, 2014
The office of the Registrar of the MethodistUniversity College Ghana will become vacant by 1st September, 2014. Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified persons to fill theposition.
The Methodist University College is a privatetertiary institution established in october, 2000 by the Methodist Church Ghana to provide higher education, undertake research, disseminate knowledge and to provide service to the community.
The University College which is envisioned as a multi-campus University has campuses in Accra (Dansoman), Tema and Wenchi
Job Title: The Registrar
• The Registrar is the Chief Operating Officer of the University College.
• He/she is responsible for the Principal for the day-to-day administration of theUniversity College.
• The Registrar is also the Secretary to the University College Council and the Academic Board.
• He/she advises the Executive Head of the institution on [natters pertaining to the administration of the institution.
Qualification Required & Experience
Candidates for the position must have a good educational background and an extensive working experience, including the following:
• A minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant field.
• Not less than 12 years post qualification working experience in a tertiary
• institution, six (6) of which should be at the grade of at least Senior
• Assistant Registrar or equivalent,
• Strong managerial and organizational skills
• Excellent administrative and supervisory skills
• A deep appreciation of the academic working environment.
• Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Be principled with strong and proven sense of public morality and integrity.
• A good knowledge of the rules, procedures and practices of a tertiary institution.
• Good team player
Terms of Appointment
• The appointment is full time and applicants should not be more than 61 years by 1st September, 2014
• Attractive salary and conditions attached to the position.
How To Apply For The Job
Suitable candidates should send three (3) copies of their applications together with the following:
• A detailed arid up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
• Copies of certificates and transcripts.
• Names of three (3) referees (Candidates are required to ask their referees to send their recommendation letters to the address indicated below)
• A statement of up to four (4) pages indicating how they would use their
• position to advance the vision and mission of the University College.
• These documents are to be submitted directly to:
Search Committee for the Appointment of Registrar
Methodist University College Ghana
P. O. Box DC 940
Dansoman – Accra
Closing Date: 31 March, 2014
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the processing of applications received.