Posted on :
26 Aug, 2016
26 Aug, 2016
METSS is a United States Agency tor International Development (USAID) project created to provide technical support for programme monitoring and evaluation, research, policy analysis and capacity building for its agriculture and energy programmes. The current project is administered through the University of Cape Coast, Kansas State University and the US Department of Agriculture (USAID)
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
• Assist METSS in establishing performance measures. collecting and analysing performance information, planning and managing evaluations in order to assist the USG Donor and IP’s in using the performance information for decision-making and resource allocation.
• Contribute to the preparation and creation of the M&E Team’s Annual Implementation Plan and Quarterly Operational Plan.
• Collaborate with team members to develop and maintain a comprehensive Performance Management and Monitoring Plan (PMMP) and a system to manage data for all Economic Growth Office Development Objective programmes; including the selection of information to be collected, data sources, survey methodologies and instruments, data quality assessments to be performed, and the frequency of data collection.
• Assist in the selection ot data collection methods for adequate monitoring and evaluation of USAID/Ghana Economic Growth office implementing partners’ performance and of the project as a whole (these methods may include field visits, quarterly reports, specialised surveys and other sources of information like Government of Ghana statistics). Assist the donor and lP’s in reviewing these methods and making improvements to their monitoring and evaluation plans.
• Review the existing social and economic data for assigned implementing partners’ project areas to assess if it can provide good baselines data for performance monitoring and evaluation and where gaps exist, collaborate with METSS team members, USAIDIGhana Economic
• Growth Office CORs/AORs and IP M&E staff to design appropriate baseline data collection surveys to fill the gaps identified.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Advanced degree in agricultural economics, energy policy analysis, monitoring and evaluation, international development, or a relevant field (At a minimum a bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred).
• At least three years of relevant work experience in project/programme monitoring responsibilities in Government, multilateral or bilateral development agencies, using computer-based data management tools.
• A minimum of two years’ practical experience in projectlproigramme evaluation and with excellent skills in survey methods.
• Proficient in Microsoft packages and data management and analysis software such as Stata, SPSS, SAS, Nnvivo etc., and internet as a research tool
• Familiarity with USAID M&E systems and processes, and the Feed the Future Initiative activities, preferred.
• Excellent ability to write clearly, synthesise research findings and draft summary reports, briefing papers, etc.
• Ability to travel to the field on short notice.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should apply in writing or via email to:-
[email protected] with (a) cover letter stating how he/she meets the selection criteria; (b) a current Curriculum Vitae attached; and (c) three professional references including email addresses and/or phone number(s).
The subject line in the email should state which position the person is applying for. No phone calls please. Only finalists will be contacted. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 01 September, 2016