Posted on :
14 Apr, 2017
14 Apr, 2017
The Government of Ghana has a grant from the Millennium Challenge Corporation (“MCC”), a United States Government Agency to, among other things, implement the Energy Efficiency Demand Side Management (EE/DSM) Project under the Compact II Program. The Millennium Development Authority (MiDA), which is responsible for the management of the implementation of the Compact, is seeking professionally qualified personnel to assist the Government, represented by the Energy Commission (EC), with the implementation of the EEDSM Project under the Compact in a transparent, timely, effective, efficient and fiscally sound manner.
Job Title: Project Manager
This assignment comes with a fixed term contract of four years, renewable yearly, unless otherwise stated. The duty post is within the Energy Commission.
Reports to: Director, Energy Efficiency Directorate, (Energy Commission) and the MiDA Team
• Coordinate with the Director, Energy Efficiency Directorate, (EC) and the MiDA Team, relevant Implementing Entities, and other cooperating partners, to execute the project activities under the Compact.
• In collaboration with the Director, Energy Efficiency Directorate, (EC) and the MiDA Team, work with relevant Ministries and cooperating partners to advance policy and institutional reform measures in the area of Energy Efficiency and Demand Side Management necessary for the success of the Project.
• Coordinate with the Director, Energy Efficiency Directorate, (EC) on all issues related to all components of the EE/DSM Project.
• Coordinate with the Director, Energy Efficiency Directorate, (EC) to ensure the correct application of the MiDA and GOG environmental and procurement guidelines, policies and regulations in the execution of all Project Activities.
• Coordinate with the MiDA Team to ensure that the relevant implementing entities data shared with MiDA are in accordance with the Compact and Program Implementation Agreement (PIA)
• Provide information and reports on the implementation progress of the Project to the Director, Energy Efficiency Directorate, (EC), and as necessary to the MiDA Team.
• Prepare, update and monitor all relevant project documents including but not limited to work plans, procurement plans, risk management plans and scoping documents (activity descriptions)
• Provide technical inputs to terms of references, bidding documents, technical evaluation reports, and progress reports as required. Coordinate integrated team input on progress reports and updates.
• Ensure stakeholder participation in Project implementation and represent MiDA if necessary, in public forums with respect to the EE/DSM Project.
• Identify resource requirements, bottlenecks, risks, and mitigation strategies, and report on these to the MiDA Team.
• Assist in the evaluation of reports from implementing entities on implementation progress and provide technical support to the Energy Commission and MiDA.
• Assist EC & MiDA to effectively manage contracts for consultants and contractors implementing activities under the EE/DSM Project; these include but are not limited to: guidance and support; review and approval of deliverables; review and approval of invoices and change orders; and coordination and facilitation with key stakeholders to obtain information, approvals, and permits.
• Coordinate with the MiDA Team to develop procurement plans and oversee technical aspects of procurements related to the EE/DSM Project.
• Perform all other tasks and responsibilities as requested by the EC or the MiDA Team.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Tertiary qualification in Engineering from an accredited academic institution.
• Post graduate qualification in Business Management, Energy Economics, Engineering, or other relevant field of study; Project Management Professional certification (PMP) is a plus.
• At least seven (7) years of professional experience managing large projects, including experience in all phases of procurements and contract management and a demonstrated history of delivering high quality projects on time and within budget.
• At least two (2) years of relevant work experience in the development of standards and labels, construction of testing laboratories, Demand Side Management (street lighting projects and solar installations), energy saving and energy auditing programs.
• Experience in the Ghana’s energy sector, preferably including an understanding of the Generation and Distribution challenges and related development strategies.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary stakeholders and counterparts, with an ability for consensus building and to multi-task and manage multiple work streams simultaneously.
• Capable of working with minimum supervision but with a good sense of what threshold requires the involvement of senior management.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, including MS Project and MS Excel
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply
Applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager
Millennium Development Authority
P.M.B. 56 Ministries
Email application to: [email protected]
Mode of Application: To receive consideration, applicants must include:
• Their curriculum vitae of not more than four (4) A4-size pages, stating their qualifications and experience, providing three professional references, contact phone number(s) and email address(es) by which they can easily be reached
• A cover note (one page maximum) explaining what the applicant envisions as the challenges of the position applied for and how their experience and education would allow them to meet those challenges.
Applications must be sent by email to [email protected] and must be received by MiDA not later than midnight on 2nd May 2017
Closing Date: 02 May, 2017