Posted on :
14 Apr, 2017
14 Apr, 2017
The Government of Ghana has a grant from the Millennium Challenge Corporation (“MCC”), a United States Government Agency to, among other things, implement Energy Efficiency and Demand Side Management (EE/DSM) Project under the Compact II Program. The Millennium Development Authority (MiDA), which is responsible for the management of the implementation of the Compact is seeking professionally qualified personnel to assist the Government, represented by the Energy Commission, with the implementation of the EEDSM Project under the Compact in a transparent, timely, effective, efficient and fiscally sound manner.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
This assignment comes with a fixed term contract of four years, renewable yearly, unless otherwise stated. The duty post is within the Energy Commission.
Reports to: Project Managers (PMs) and Director, Energy Efficiency Directorate, (Energy Commission)
• Provide administrative support to the Project Managers and Director, Energy Efficiency Directorate, (EC), including managing appointments, preparing correspondences, completing reports, arranging meetings and site visits, itineraries, and agenda and compiling documents for meetings.
• Research, prioritize and follow up on incoming issues and concerns, and compile data as required.
• Attend executive and management meetings, prepare agenda for such meetings and prepare and transcribe minutes. Also follow up on actions required on various issues.
• Perform basic administrative and clerical tasks in the office of the PMs.
• Prepare reports and presentations for the PMs.
• Build and maintain organizational system for records and files in the office of the PMs.
• Establish and maintain contact database and relationship management.
• Undertake special projects as assigned by the PMs.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in management or other relevant field of study from an accredited academic institution plus four (4) years’ experience.
• Experience in preparation, documentation and management of internal and external correspondences and materials.
• Proficiency in the use of office software such as Microsoft Office, including MS Project and MS Excel.
• Excellent writing and verbal communications skills and report writing skills.
• Capable of working with minimum supervision but with a good sense of what threshold requires the involvement of senior management.
• Ability to exercise good judgement and to work independently.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
How to Apply
Applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager
Millennium Development Authority
P.M.B. 56 Ministries
Email application to: [email protected]
Mode of Application: To receive consideration, applicants must include:
• Their curriculum vitae of not more than four (4) A4-size pages, stating their qualifications and experience, providing three professional references, contact phone number(s) and email address(es) by which they can easily be reached
• A cover note (one page maximum) explaining what the applicant envisions as the challenges of the position applied for and how their experience and education would allow them to meet those challenges.
Applications must be sent by email to [email protected] and must be received by MiDA not later than midnight on 2nd May 2017
Closing Date: 02 May, 2017