Millicom International Cellular (MIC) S.A., operators of Tigo, is a leading international developer and operator of cellular telephone services worldwide primarily in emerging markets operating across Latin America and Africa.
The company provides affordable, widely accessible and readily available cellular telephony services to more than 30 million customers in 13 emerging markets in these continents.
The success of Tigo is based on the triple ‘A’ business model which stands for Affordability, Accessibility and Availability. This guarantees that our subscribers experience the best services at the most affordable rates throughout our 10 regions of Ghana and beyond.
Our vision is to be the ‘Most consumed Digital service provider in urban areas.
Our overall vision for Millicom Africa is to have the 180 million people (in Sub Saharan Africa) connect to dream, work and achieve.
We provide services for people who want to stay in touch, belong to communities and to be informed and entertained, enabling them to express their emotions and enhance their lives.
Job Title: Research Manager
The Research Manager is responsible for planning and executing all research to derive relevant insights. The incumbent will report to the Consumer and Market Understanding Manager.
THE WAY WE WORK
You are open-minded, passionate and the way you work energizes others. You are committed to the timely delivery of a job well done. You behave with integrity and transparency. You lead by example and promote the “bottom-up” approach to work that has made Tigo a leader in every market in which we operate.
- Managing business relations with research agencies;
- Responding to research issues raised by the marketing department or other business units;
- Developing annual research budgets and ensuring adherence to the approved research budgets;
- Monitoring developments in the research space in the country;
- Liaising with field staff to gain insights from day-to-day interactions with customers and the trade;
- Regularly reviewing and benchmarking both existing and new offerings in the market;
- Proactively scanning the business environment to identify areas of competitive opportunity and risk;
- Delivering specific ad-hoc requests on competitor understanding from various stakeholders;
- Supporting the Marketing team with expertise in managing our media monitoring programs to ensure efficiency of media investments;
- Driving deep customer understanding by integrating consumer and market intelligence
- Developing a deep understanding of users of our various products & services through collaboration with other CMU colleagues and product managers.
- University degree in Economics, Statistics, Marketing, Psychology, Anthropology or an equivalent qualification
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ Marketing and Research experience within the Telecommunication or FMCG sector with focus on research. Experience in a big research agency will be an advantage
- Strong appreciation of qualitative and quantitative research methods (across the research process)
- Strong quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Computer literate and tech savvy; with expertise in MS Office tools and other research software (SPSS, STATA, etc) are a prerequisite
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Good understanding of Marketing, Consumer psychology & behaviour