Posted on :
14 Nov, 2018
14 Nov, 2018
The Ministry of Education has received a grant from the DFID and intends to apply part of the proceeds to fill the following Short-term positions to deliver reforms in three main priority areas. These priority areas include improved learning outcomes, enhanced accountability and equity at all levels of the education sector.
Job Title: Institutional Support Advisor
• Responsible for ensuring that all Reform Owners and institutions are adequately prepared to respond to the technical requirements of their mandate in implementing their reform Agenda.
Scope of Work/Tasks:
• Support the National Education Reform Coordinator in providing technical leadership, coordination and support Reform Owners to improve institutional effectiveness
• Provide technical support to institutions in identifying and managing areas of Technical Assistance for the implementation of reform initiatives
• Lead situational analysis and strengthen evidence-based institutional and management challenges of the reforms
• In collaboration with the National Policy Advisor. develop and undertake technical approaches for creating effective coordination and alignment of national education reform agenda and Education Sector Plan
• Coordinate inter agency collaboration and support and identify policy linkages between institutions
• In co-operation with National Reform Coordinator and other Advisors. ensure the. right mix and level of skills is employed for each reform implementation task
• Ensure technical information flow between the different reform initiatives and the Ministry of Education
• Promote the use of feedback and engagement of stakeholders to guide implementation of the education reforms
• Actively pursue the adoption of new approaches to institutional reform and reform of the education sector
• Actively assess intersecting needs across miniseries and agencies and identify areas that need to be strengthened.
Report to: National Education Reform Coordinator
• Improved institutional leadership and management of the national education reform implementation agenda.
Qualification Required & Experience
• High level experience in educational planning. management or another relevant field
• Knowledge and experience of working in the Ghanaian education system at a senior level, or within lower middle-income countries
• Proven track record organisational/institutional capacity assessments in both the private and public sectors.
• Excellent analytical and communication skills
• Proven track record of leading teams
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their CVs and applications to: The Recruiter, Ministry of Education [email protected] Closing Date: 15 November 2018
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted