Posted on :
14 Nov, 2018
14 Nov, 2018
The Ministry of Education has received a grant from the DFID and intends to apply part of the proceeds to fill the following Short-term positions to deliver reforms in three main priority areas. These priority areas include improved learning outcomes, enhanced accountability and equity at all levels of the education sector.
Job Title: Delivery Unit Performance Monitoring Advisor
• Develop performance frameworks and ensure that a reporting system is in place to track progress across all reform areas.
Scope of Work/Tasks:
• Work with the National Reform Coordinator and Reform Owners in developing and leading a programme of data collection, analysis and research on the needs and effect of the reform initiatives
• Design a system for monitoring the reform implementation and reporting on progress against workplan KPls of reform initiatives
• Assist Reform owners and staff of the Ministry of Education to use M&E findings progressively to tailor policy reform for the benefit of the education system in Ghana
• Oversee the functions of the Ministry’s Delivery Unit. which is currently charged with tracking the delivery of the Ministry’s (non-reform related) programmes.
• Provides support across all the reform initiatives to ensure smooth implementation and reporting requirements of the Ministry of Education are met.
• Lead on the process of selection of research methods and design of research tools enabling data collection amongst diverse sub-categories of respondents and stakeholders
• Contribute to the design and refinement of the programme results framework and monitoring and evaluation strategy, processes and materials
• Participate in developing and implementing education-related Management Information Systems (MIS) relevant for the MoE
• Design project logical framework, performance monitoring system and routines, performance evaluations, baseline. mid-term and end-line studies.
• Contribute knowledge on a range of approaches to performance monitoring, impact evaluation and research in areas including design instrument development, sampling design, data collection, data analysis and reporting
• Collaborate with Universities, research institutions and other agencies to deliver the research agenda of the reform
Report to: National Education Reform Coordinator
Location: Accra, with occasional travel to the field (20%)
• Effective and cost-effective implementation of the national education reform agenda, including better decision-making by Education Reform Secretariat, Reform Owners and education sector personnel, resulting from monitoring, research, evaluation and sharing of learning.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Postgraduate degree in education research (quantitative and qualitative), evaluation, statistics or a relevant field
• Extensive experience of designing monitoring and evaluation frameworks and of using a wide range of data collection methods and instruments
• Experience of working with regional and district authorities in Ghana. a lower middle- income country (preferably in Africa) and in the education sector in supporting M&E.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their CVs and applications to: The Recruiter, Ministry of Education [email protected] Closing Date: 15 November 2018
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted