Job Title: Physician Assistant
Reports to: Business Operations Manager
Internal: Human Resource Manager, Occupational Health and Safety Officer, First Aiders/Safety Representatives, company employees
External: District Health Directorate, Hospitals/Health Centers in operational areas, registered dependents of employees
This is an officer position with responsibility in providing healthcare at the Company’s places of work. You will responsible for providing basic primary care, first aid treatment and training, healthcare screening and conducting awareness campaigns to prevent healthcare problems.. You will be responsible for managing employee sickness, assisting in the development of health and sickness policy, and carry out pre-employment medical assessments. You will manage the referral of work related cases and follow up with workmen compensation.
- Assess and prioritise patients presenting at clinic, according to their medical needs
- Undertake confidential patient consultations consisting of:
- Administer basic primary care, including the treatment of common illness (se Annex 1) and first aid needs
- Refer all work related cases to the relevant care provider and manage the administration of the compensation
- Design specific pre-employment and ongoing medical checks for different roles
- Conduct medical checks as per agreed timetable and maintain all records
- Run health awareness campaigns reaching all employees
- Maintain employee health records
- Participate in the outreach community health activities within the catchment’s area (conducting health awareness talks and campaigns)
- Contribute to maternal and child welfare, family planning programmes and health education talks within the community.
- Assist in the collection of data when required
Communication and Working Relationships
- Maintain effective communication with colleagues and other professional groups and clients.
- Participate in dissemination of information on health programmes to staff and clients in the facility
- Monitor own performance against agreed objectives and standards.
- Keep log of own performance and in-service training log for purposes of appraisal.
- Take care of own safety and that of other colleagues and clients as appropriate.
- Provision of workplace healthcare, first aid and support during Emergency situations
- Development and management of emergency procedures
- Conducting and advising on workplace risk assessments
- Work in compliance with all GHS/company health and safety requirements and attend relevant training to update knowledge in line with GHS Health and Safety policy.
- Advising management on health and safety issues
- Carrying out pre-employment medical assessments
- Provision of basic first aid training to permanent staff members
- Develop and implement health promotion activities, as directed
- Comply with all GHS Quality Assurance Policy guidelines and work within the prescribed quality standards for the clinical services.
- Act as a role model in quality improvement, offering advice and support to others.
- Keep up-to-date with quality developments relevant to area of work and related Services
- Conducting certified health checks
- The post holder must at all times:
-Work in accordance with the GHS Code of Professional Conduct and
-Strictly adhere to the provisions of the Patient’s Charter.
- Management of sickness absence and return to work in conjunction with management
- Developing return to work strategies following serious injury or a period of prolonged ill-health
Generalized Work Activities:
- Working within a multidisciplinary team
- Keeping up to date with legal and professional changes associated with public health and occupational health and safety
- Assessing the work environment for potential health and safety problems
“This job description is a guideline of key performance areas, but does not limit your activities to the content herein. Your role is to continuously add value to the company and carry out any reasonable instructions from management, thus ensuring that all teams meet Miro’ objectives.”
How to Apply
Submit your CV to [email protected]
NB : Kindly use the Job Position you are applying for as the Title of your Email.
Ensure that you mention www.joblistghana.com as the source of this job advert.
Closing Date : 14th April, 2019