Job Title: Log yard Supervisor
Reports to: Industrial Manager /log yard officer
Direct Subordinates: Veneer mill staff
Internal: Technical Manager, Heads of Departments and company employees
External: Consultants and service providers
Main Purpose of Appointment:
- To supply the logs according the target and maintain the log yard.
- Achieve the target according to machine capacity.
Functions of Appointment:
- Maintain all stock of log yard according to the target.
- Able to maintain all records of Log yard according to schedule and coordinate with log yard officer and production team.
- Housekeeping of log yard.
- Reporting of problems and incidents concerning logs size quantity and chain saw operators to log yard officer/ Industrial manager/Production manager/General manager.
- Safety of machine staff and safe working conditions.
- In absence of log yard officer able to coordinate with harvesting team and production team.
- Able to work in Day and night shift .
- Able to maintain all records manually as well as in computer.
- Computer skills (Excel, ms office)
JOB HOLDER SPECIFICATION
- Technical Qualification. Basic qualification
- Minimum 2 year Experience in plywood, sawmill and veneer industries.
Personal qualities and competencies:
- Ability to diagnose technical problems and rectify.
- Deliver quality service.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Respond to requests and inquiries from machine workers and supervisors.
- Understand and follow oral or written instructions
- Understand occupational health, safety and environmental issues
“This job description is a guideline of key performance areas, but does not limit your activities to the content herein. Your role is to continuously add value to the company and carry out any reasonable instructions from management, thus ensuring that all teams meet Miro’ objectives.”
How to Apply
Submit your CV to [email protected]
NB : Kindly use the Job Position you are applying for as the Title of your Email.
Ensure that you mention www.joblistghana.com as the source of this job advert.
Closing Date : 14th April, 2019