Job Title: Backhoe Operator
Reports to: Roads Supervisor
Direct Subordinates: Operator Assistant
Internal: General Manager, Foresters, Mechanics, Company employees
External: Driver and Vehicular Licensing Authority Officials.
Main Purpose of Appointment:
- Reporting to the Roads Supervisor, the Backhoe Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Backhoe. The Backhoe Operator digs trenches and holes.
- Check engine oil, hydraulic oil and transmission oil levels daily. Check water level, clean radiator, grease machine daily, and check for leaks and loosen bolts and nuts.
- To assist with vehicle and machinery checks, repairs and maintenance
- To cover colleagues job roles in their absence, as required. Liaise closely with line manager to ensure the effective management and use of land
- To abide by health and safety at work regulations
- Maintenance to high forestry standards of existing Establishment.
- Ensuring works are carried out according to Company policies and procedures and to high health and safety standards.
Functions of Appointment
- Operate the Backhoe and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Observe and listen to machinery operation to detect equipment malfunctions.
- Adjust, repair, and service machinery and notify supervisors when machinery malfunctions.
- Understand, interpret and follow directions from supervisors as to required work area.
- Ensure a sound understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance.
- Ensure backhoe is in proper gear, and is not moving too fast for working conditions.
- Operate other heavy equipment and other related duties as required.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth operation of the backhoe.
- Must ensure a solid understanding of, and comply with the principles of the company’s Code of Conduct. Must examine situations in light of the principles of the Code of Conduct.
- Getting Information – Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Performing General Physical Activities – Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
- Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings – Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
JOB HOLDER SPECIFICATION
- Driving License Class E
- A good standard of general education (Basic or Secondary)
- A relevant agricultural driving certificate is desirable. Other land based qualifications would also be advantageous
- Good mechanical skills will be an advantage
- At least three (3) years experience in operating machinery with good driving records
- Experience of agricultural and farm work
- Backhoe/heavy machinery driving experience
- Have the necessary skills to enable manual tasks to be carried out effectively & efficiently
Personal qualities and competencies:
- Fitness and alertness
- Willing to work long and irregular hours, weekends and on public holidays as required
- Excellent operating skills
- A good level of understanding of Health & Safety considerations
- Be able to work from own initiative with minimum supervision
- Have the ability to prioritize and adapt a flexible approach to working
“This job description is a guideline of key performance areas, but does not limit your activities to the content herein. Your role is to continuously add value to the company and carry out any reasonable instructions from management, thus ensuring that all teams meet Miro’ objectives.”
How to Apply
Submit your CV to [email protected]
NB : Kindly use the Job Position you are applying for as the Title of your Email.
Ensure that you mention www.joblistghana.com as the source of this job advert.
Closing Date : 7th April, 2019