Job Title: Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Bell and Track Mechanic)
Reports to: Senior Mechanic Manager
Internal: Senior Mechanic Manager, Heads of Departments and company employees
External: Consultants and service providers
Main Purpose of Appointment:
- Supervise service and maintenance of vehicles and heavy equipment
- Record keeping of service and maintenance
- Active service mechanic and CAT mechanic
Functions of Appointment:
- Service and repair labour trucks.
- Service and repair tractors and heavy equipment i.e. dozers, graders etc.
- Service and repair of staff vehicles i.e. pick-ups.
- Workshop housekeeping
- Care for Workshop equipment and tools.
- Reporting of problems and incidents concerning vehicles and equipment to Senior Mechanic Manager/Senior Silviculture Forester/General Manager
JOB HOLDER SPECIFICATION
- Polytechnic certificate in mechanical or motor engineering or equivalent
Computer knowledge i.e. Microsoft office, internet
- At least 5 years experience in the repair and servicing of heavy equipment and vehicles.
- Experience in service scheduling and maintenance records
- 8 Years working experience is required
Personal qualities and competencies:
- Ability to diagnose technical problems and rectify
- Deliver quality service
- Perform records management
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Respond to requests and inquiries from drivers/operators and line management effectively and timeously
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Understand occupational health, safety and environmental issues
“This job description is a guideline of key performance areas, but does not limit your activities to the content herein. Your role is to continuously add value to the company and carry out any reasonable instructions from management, thus ensuring that all teams meet Miro’ objectives.”
How to Apply
Submit your CV to [email protected]
Kindly state the position you are applying for as the subject of your email.