MODEC is a general contractor specializing in engineering, procurement, construction and installation of floating production systems including Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels, Floating Storage and Offloading (FSO) vessels, Tension Leg Platforms (TLPs), Production Semi-Submersibles, Floating LNGs (FLNGs), Mobile Offshore Production Units (MOPUs) and other new technologies which will meet the challenges of various types of gas production floaters. MODEC provides Floating Production System operation and maintenance services around the world.
Job Title: Marine Engineer (9401)
- Support to offshore teams daily as required. This may include extended periodsCampaigns.
- Offshore providing supervision & guidance of inspection campaigns and repair
- Coordinate between fleet responsible, the surveyor(s) and the client.
- Plan surveys, repairs/upgrades and other yard work in co-operation with the client.
- Support Marine Engineering Requirements required for Daily O&M Operations and
- Engineering / MoC requirements.
- Daily Operations Calls: Attending (when necessary) daily morning calls and ensuring
- that their actions are recorded and closed-out in a timely fashion. Ensure a good working relationship with the Client’s OIM and Client’s Representatives.
- Offshore visits: Minimum one visit per month to offshore facilities with audited Walkthrough and other audit / verification documentation prepared and follow-up forImplementation.
- Coordinate Operation & Maintenance activities, Class & Flag activities for the FPSO’sexchangers, compressors and pressure vessels and other rotating equipment, oilyBallast and Void Tanks, Cargo and off take systems, hydraulic system, deck Water separator, sewage systems, pumps, chemical treatment of tanks, Cargo /Specifically for OEM ship & Marine items, for inspection of oil / gas fired boilers, heatmachinery, mooring and station keeping systems
QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE
- A suitable engineering degree preferably with Marine engineer or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 x years’ experience industry experience preferably within the FPSO operations environment.
- Strong personal and interpersonal skills, culturally aware with experience of working with a multicultural workforce.
- Track record of analysis capability and experience covering typical ships structures in the fields of strength, fatigue and rule assessments.
- Working knowledge of the ship classification process and the associated statutory survey requirements.
- Marine Engineering or Marine Architect experience with Tanker / FPSO inspection and repair Knowledge.
- Extensive experience in the mechanical static and rotating equipment discipline within the International oil and gas industry including experience in front end engineering design through to operations and maintenance.
- Proven capability and experience in leadership and management of third party contractors and junior team members.