Provides daily and ongoing technical support of IT infrastructure and Communication systems under MODEC Ghana operations and resolves hardware and software related problems for personnel in a timely manner.
Job Title: IT Technician
Provide 24/7 technical support and training to staff and contractors. Determines the root cause for problems and resolves in an efficient and timely manner to minimize downtime, optimize efficiency and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provides technical support to MODEC staff by resolving questions and problems relating to information systems hardware and software, network devices, cabling, workstation, peripherals, and electronic mail.
- Solves general network problems related to PC hardware and cabling as well as software problems
- Maximizes the productivity of users by assisting with training and expanding knowledge of software and its capabilities
- Diagnoses and repairs the user workstations. May reconfigure workstations and network cabling.
- Works on special IT Infrastructure & Network projects
- Assists with the distribution of and maintain the inventory of PCs, Laptops, Desk Phones.
- Assist with the maintenance of Communication, Satellite System, etc. on the FPSOs
- Provides support to the Control System Technician on the FPSOs
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer or Systems Engineering or related discipline
- 3-5 years related experience and excellent hardware and software skills including supporting MS O/S and other standard software (AutoCAD, Solomon, Visio, etc.)
- Application Software proficiency in MS Project, Primavera, considered a plus.
- Knowledge of Communication and Infrastructure Systems and experience applying these concepts
- Minimum of 3 years maintaining communication and infrastructure systems
- Tier 1 & 2 technical support
- Managing and monitoring installed systems & servers
- Maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Liaising with vendors and IT personnel for problem resolution