Develop and manage client commercial relationship development initiatives to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of O&M contracts
Develop and manage supplier relationship development initiatives to improve ·the effectiveness and efficiency of contracts
Job Title: Commercial and Contract Lead
Assist in the delivery of contract strategies for MPSG contracts within the central portfolio to achieve the strategic aims and objectives of MPSG
Provide professional advice on technical/commercial contractual matters to internal stakeholders and customers
Manage contract Key Performance Indicators (KPl’s) in order to demonstrate effective contract management and delivery in line with KPl’s.
Assist in the development of sustainable commercial and contract strategies for centrally managed contracts
Ensure that interactions with the Petroleum Commission are conducted so as to ensure the unhindered delivery of contracting strategies
- Understand, review, interpret and advise on contracts to ensure that they are fit for purpose and aligned to MPSG business strategy and requirements
- Recommend changes to contracts to reflect changes in business conditions/legislation
- Consult with new and existing vendors to assess suitability for, and ability to deliver on, MPSG contracts.
- Participate in contractual negotiations to ensure that contract terms support MPSG business needs
- Support value chain analysis to ensure continual improvement in contract deliverables and processes.
- Participate in the measurement of business operation and performance, agreeing, measuring and reporting on performance targets
- Develop contacts and relations with local businesses to facilitate and support business growth and compliance with local content requirements.
- Continually monitor I review market prices and conditions to ensure supplier /vendor offerings are competitive
- Review new and existing contracts to ensure their suitability in terms of business, commercial and contractual risk.
- Conduct projects as required to assist in the improvement of contractual effectiveness.
- Participate in reviews to ensure that adequate and suitable insurances are in place to meet I support business needs and that renewal processes are in place and adhered to.
- Contribute to the development of department budgets.
- Develop and maintain up to date knowledge of all billing processes necessary to support the execution of department activities.
- Review and monitor inter-company charging processes to ensure that the right conditions are in place and adhered to.
- Interact with Legal and Compliance department to develop the business knowledge and optimize opportunities for improved business performance.
- Provide guidance to all areas of MPSG to ensure up to date knowledge of and compliance with FCPA and UK Bribery Act requirements.
- Meet regularly with client, vendors, suppliers, and sub-contractors to develop and improve relations and facilitate improved business performance.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all relevant in-house business systems (OPEST, KANEPI, Maximo and lcertis) to ensure compliance with, and efficiency of, business processes.
- Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline such as Quantity Surveying or Law.
- +5 years of experience in a senior-level Commercial/Contractual or FPSO operations position, contractor biased experience.
- Knowledge of EPIC and FPSO industry, experience in client and supplier contract management
- Experience of working in a contractor / oilfield service company environment
- Experience of joint venture relationships
- Demonstrated ability to construct and manage diverse and complex contractual relationships
- Strong interpersonal & relationship building skills.