Provides Engineering support to achieve and maintain the technical and performance integrity of the FPSO Facility to all MGL and TGL offshore FMT and Onshore operations support personnel as required.
Job Title: Senior Facilities Engineer
- Provides mentoring and guidance to the Facilities Engineer(s)
- Assists with the management of change process with respect of O&M engineering change /maintenance and software changes applicable to the FPSO facility production, maintenance, utility and marine systems.
- Develops, reviews, and approves technical work instructions and work packs where MODEC engineering input is required.
- Assist O&M for compliance with the requirements of the Classification society and Flag State for all applicable modifications/changes proposed and implemented on the FPSOfacility’s systems and / or equipment including the use of approved resources and service providers.
- Assist O&M Operations with the approval process for the QA/QC requirements for create and work flowed to procurement system for services and goods required by the facility and operations on and offshore.
- Completes and issues Corrective Action Request (CAR) Action Item closeouts as assigned which are generated from the various MODEC HSE and technical compliance and review mechanisms such as the outcome of NOI’s, Cases To Operate, Management of Changes, MODEC Observation Cards.
- Contribute & Participate in the NOI technical review process and identification of the root cause of incidents and the creation of clearly defined SMART actions to mitigate and prevent the re-occurrence of the incident in the future.
- Assist with and plans work scopes with MODEC HSEQ approved contractors & companies for the facility engineering work scopes.
- Completes and participates in Technical Root Cause Analysis investigations for the FPSO technical systems and equipment, when required but not exclusively, and reports findings to management for on forward communication to MODEC MMS, MOPS and MODEC Tokyo.
- Conducts performance appraisals for and with subordinate staff inclusive of training needs identification and communicates this to management.
- Participates and conducts process analysis of the facility systems and equipment in collaboration with other MGL and client nominated personnel as required in support of theFPSO operation in Ghana.
- Assists and participates in the ongoing development and improvement of the maintenance management systems for the FPSO and contributes technical input into the various maintenance strategies and processes applied and used within this.
- Assists and participates in the review, development and improvement of the Facility
- Management systems and procedures.
- Ensures Operations key documentation in accordance with the approved MODEC Ghana
- FMS which include but are not limited to the following:
- Piping &Instrumentation Diagrams
- Isometric Drawings
- Cause & Effect Diagram
- SAFE Chart
- Range, Alarms & Trips Summary
- MODEC Ghana Standards & Specifications
- System Operations Manuals & Procedures
- DCS Graphics
- Process, Mechanical Datasheets
- Line Diagrams
- Valve Lists
- GA Drawings
- Parts Lists
- Participates in the chemical management meeting and assists with the management of the Chemical management contractor for the FPSO.
- Where necessary assist and manages Support Service Agreement contractors for engineering related work for the FPSO facility.
- Bachelor Degree in relevant engineering discipline.
- Desirable Chemical / Mechanical Engineering.
- 6-8 x years’ experience in the hydrocarbon or offshore oil & gas industry.
- Able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of the relevant Ghanaian and International standards applicable to the oil & gas industry, and how they relate specifically to the FPSO facility operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of computer literacy in office packages, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Highly desirable, but not essential, Autodesk AUTOCAD, AspenTech HYSYS and Microsoft Visio.
- Knowledge of the document control and procurement management systems and processes.
- Knowledge of the maintenance management and Procurement Modules of the CMMS software system.
- Current OPITO accredited TBOSIET Training qualifications are required for offshore travel to the FPSO facility.