MODEC has been providing competitive floating solutions for the offshore oil and gas industry and is recognized as a leading specialist for Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels, Floating Storage and Offloading (FSO) vessels, Floating LNGs (FLNGs), Tension Leg Platforms (TLPs), and Production Semi-submersibles.
Job Title: Project Engineer
Summarise briefly the major function and purpose of the position.
- The Project Engineer shall support the TGL Integrated Execution Team in the execution READINESS of offshore works.
- Ensuring services provided by the Modec Engineering & MOC team can be executed & integrated/aligned with O & M & IEP Activity Plans & Priorities
- Champions Safety using Risk Identification & Assessment & ALARP i.e. ensure Task Risk Assessments, Hazop, Hazid, Construct reviews are completed for work pack readiness for fabrication, construction, installation and hookup.
- Develop strong and effective relationships with all Stakeholders for Project Delivery, including client TA approvals & endorsement for MOCs
- Coordinate Brownfields modification & planning from engineering to completion and handover, material delivery through to readiness for project execution (including Modec Sub Contractors Delivery & Fabrication Schedules input)
- Expedite MOC’s and Change Order 3 projects & planning inputs for 90 & 28 Day plans & coordinate mobilization for offshore execution & integrated schedules
- Ensure that the Scope is feasible from the points of view of fabrication, construction, installation, and handed over for operation and maintenance with agreed punch list
- Facilitate review of engineering work packs, offshore readiness review for construction/installation & schedule de risk mitigation i.e. scans, readiness assurance etc
- Prepare reports & presentations for project progress meetings & execution readiness
- Review of previously completed project Lessons Learned & Incidents for continuous improvement & identify cost saving opportunities & work practice
- At least 10 years of experience in oil and gas or equivalent sector.
- At least 2 years’ experience in an Operations or Projects environment.
- Experienced in using computer hardware/software tools.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, ability to work with minimal supervision and must be a high self-starter.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multinational team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Appropriate degree or formal technical qualification preferred.
- Physical aptitude to work in an offshore environment.
- Excellent written and spoken command of the English language.