MODEC is a general contractor specializing in engineering, procurement, construction and installation of floating production systems including FPSOs, FSOs, TLPs, Production Semi-Submersibles, MOPUs and other new technologies which will meet the challenges of various types of gas production floaters.
Job Title: Mechanical Lead (10680)
- The Maintenance & Integrity Engineer shall mentor, guide and collaborate with the Facilities (onshore and offshore) personnel on all technical related aspects with respect to the reliability and maintenance management.
- To manage the Facilities rotating equipment maintenance, repairs and alterations to ensure an effective and auditable Planned Maintenance system is well thought out, implemented, reviewed and improved to reflect a risk based maintenance philosophy, asset management fundamentals and operational experience.
- To provide leadership to the Maintenance & Integrity Engineering Department both onshore and offshore in order to achieve Operational objectives for maintenance, efficiency and reliability.
- Ensure the planned and corrective maintenance is subject to regular assessment, control and monitoring to ensure the maintenance requirements are optimized and balanced against the maintenance demand.
- Provide oversight to the development of annual maintenance budgets and the associated Opest cost models and cost allocation processes on regular basis
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and works unsupervised and manage multiple work-streams.
- Work jointly with Operations and HSE Groups and their Support teams to establish continuous improvement to onboard training programs and drive results.
- Effectiveness with Others: Establishing rapport and a positive working relationship with individuals within or outside the work group
- Appropriate degree or formal technical qualification preferred. Tertiary education – engineering preferred but extensive operational experience in similar environments equally valid.
- Extensive experience with rotating equipment (pumps, compressors, turbines, etc.) with respect to: design, operation, maintenance and repairs.
- + 10 years’ experience in risk based asset integrity related to rotating equipment Maintenance and Integrity , with reliability management (development, review and continuous improvement)
- Expert knowledge and understanding of the applicable legislative, national and international standards and requirements for Oil & Gas Facilities
- Experienced in Maintenance & Integrity development, materials management, reliability reviews and analysis and project management.
- Detailed knowledge of Asset & Integrity Management and standards (ISO55000) and ISO14224 application and implementation.
- High level maintenance and operational skills honed in national and international roles. Overseas and African experience beneficial.
- Physical aptitude to work on offshore environment if required
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the business processes and configuration CMMS related to maintenance (assets, maintenance, materials, cost reporting, etc.)
- Strong computer skills. Demonstrated working experience with CMMS & Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Good attention to details and accuracy.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize, with demonstrated experience working with deadlines.
- Learn and apply Maintenance & Integrity best practices