MODEC is a general contractor specializing in engineering, procurement, construction and installation of floating production systems including Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels, Floating Storage and Offloading (FSO) vessels, Tension Leg Platforms (TLPs), Production Semi-Submersibles, Floating LNGs (FLNGs), Mobile Offshore Production Units (MOPUs) and other new technologies which will meet the challenges of various types of gas production floaters. MODEC provides Floating Production System operation and maintenance services around the world.
Job Title: Mechanical Engineering Lead (9400)
- Lead and co-ordinate high quality Maintenance and Integrity management activities for all rotating equipment (pumps, compressors, turbines, etc.).
- Accountable to maintain an open and high quality offshore operations team delivering high levels of maintenance and cost performance.
- Deliver a structured integrated maintenance & integrity management system.
- Responsible to the MGL O&M Managers for all matters relating to the strategic equipment
- Maintenance & Integrity Management, planning and optimized execution of the assigned
- maintenance programs.
- Lead the development and implementation of the maintenance and integrity management system for both Facilities.
- Lead RCA investigations to determine causes of failures and corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Responsible for configuring and producing all Maximo routine performance reporting and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including the data Risk Poynt interface.
- Responsible for ensuring that the equipment maintenance remains compliant with all the required MODEC, legal, national and international industry standard engineering procedures and specifications.
- Accountable for the routine review and update of all assigned procedures, strategies,
- plans etc. within the Facilities Safety Management Systems (Standard 14).
- Provide oversight to the development of annual maintenance budgets and the associated Opest cost models. Deliver EHS, maintenance and cost targets for the offshore operation.
- Responsible for managing the maintenance & Integrity budget planning and financial reporting (WBS / Opest) for reporting of budget expenditure.
- Mentor the planning team in the development of the Integrated Planning process, and the offshore team in the execution of planning to the job/man day measuring and reporting planning & scheduling effectiveness.
- Facilitate the development of Maintenance Team, and planning team via mentoring and
- technical supervision with the Maintenance & Reliability Engineers.
- Responsible as part of the Integrity team to conduct regular review of equipmentAssurance Activity Concept (AAC)Condition Monitoring Concept (CMC)Continuous improvement and compliant with the Maintenance & Integrity management
- Identify, propose and manage project (major & minor) scopes as required to support
- Equipment Maintenance Concept (EMC)
- Maintenance as part of the maintenance continuous improvement for:
- Responsible as part of the Integrity team for defining, implementing continuously improving the condition monitoring regimes as part of the adopted predictive maintenance philosophy.
- Consults regularly with the Maintenance & Integrity Engineers & O&M planning teams for maintenance & Shutdown scheduling.
- Consults regularly with the Maintenance & Integrity Engineers for all matters related to
- Maintenance & Integrity and reports/updates on Integrity Management process including Safety Critical maintenance execution.
- Appropriate degree or formal technical qualification preferred. Tertiary education – engineering preferred but extensive operational experience in similar environments equally valid.
- Extensive experience with rotating equipment (pumps, compressors, turbines, etc.) with respect to design, operation, maintenance and repairs.
- + 10 years’ experience in risk based asset integrity related to rotating equipment Maintenance and Integrity, with reliability management (development, review and continuous improvement).
- Expert knowledge and understanding of the applicable legislative, national and international standards and requirements for Oil & Gas Facilities.
- Experienced in Maintenance & Integrity development, materials management, reliability reviews and analysis and project management.
- Detailed knowledge of Asset & Integrity Management and standards (ISO55000) and ISO14224 application and implementation.
- High level maintenance and operational skills honed in national and international roles. Overseas and African experience beneficial.
- Physical aptitude to work on offshore environment if required
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the business processes and configuration CMMS related to maintenance (assets, maintenance, materials, cost reporting, etc.)
- Strong computer skills. Demonstrated working experience with CMMS & Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.