The Finance Reporting Analyst coordinates and manages financial reporting activities and US GAAP reporting during month-end close processes for the business in West Africa.
This entails implementing and maintaining the financial reporting processes and procedures to an acceptable standard in conformity with the group reporting Calendar, applicable Mondelez policies including Company local policies and US GAAP reporting requirements
Job Title: Finance Reporting Analyst
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Lead the Monthly and Quarterly close process by tracking all month end closing activities through SAP and Reporting same using OPAL, FIT and HFM reporting tool
- Ownership and effective coordination of Shared Services team handling the GL interfaces with OPAL/COPA Reporting Interface tools and Monthly FICO (Financial Accounting/Controlling) reconciliations
- Provide accurate and timely financial information in HFM Reporting application in line with group reporting deadlines on a monthly basis including detailed Trial balance reviews covering all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and Fixed Assets, restructuring cost, taxes and other BOI costs.
- Supervises the Process of monthly Financial Reporting through shared services support partners using the Hyperion Financial Intelligence Tool (FIT), Hyperion Financial Management tool (HFM) and monthly reconciliations of the numbers reported in HFM to SAP
- Perform key balance sheet reconciliation tasks on Blackline tool and SAP ERP Software.
- Coordinate all intercompany processes such as billings, payments, resolution of IC related issues and Reconciliation of all Intercompany accounts with all trading partners.
- Coordinate and manage the preparation and timely submission of monthly and quarterly Flash & Actual reporting to the region/group for global consolidation
- Preparation of year end accounts in line with US GAAP and liaising with external and group auditors as required
- Liaise with E & Y Tax team to compile and present quarterly tax reporting schedule on Global Access Model (GAM) and reconciliation in US GAAP books (HFM Reporting tool)
- Coaching, training and mentoring of all RTR shared services support staff in remote locations and acting as the first point of contact to resolve all escalated critical reporting issues beyond the capabilities of the remote shared services support partners.
- Act as the RTR SME on ground to resolve all escalated intercompany and US GAAP reporting issues and follow up with other local stakeholders within the business until issues noted are resolved.
- Maintain good working relationship with regional and corporate controlling teams.
- University degree in Finance or related field
- Professional accounting qualification (CFA, ACCA, ACA) is mandatory
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite and sound financial accounting knowledge
- Sound working knowledge of SAP and proficiency in HFM, OPAL & FIT
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience, 2 years of which must be in middle/senior level working on US GAAP reporting and shared services support partners.
- FMCG experience is desirable
It is expected that you will:
- Carry out the role accountabilities within the operating and process frameworks that apply to the company
- Work together with all your peers and customers. A key part of your performance review each year will be based on their input
- Exemplify the company’s Higher Purpose & Values in practice – this will be a key part of your annual development cycle