Water and Sanitation Job Vacancies: Monitoring and Evaluation Consultancy
A Canadian Consulting Company is currently looking for a Ghana-based Water and Sanitation Sector Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to provide monitoring and evaluation services to the Northern Region Small Towns Water and Sanitation (NORST) Project in Ghana. The seven-year NORST project, funded by the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), will provide inceased access to portable water and sanitation services in up to 30 selected small towns in the Northern Region.
- The successful Ghana-based Consultant will be a member of a Monitoring and Evaluation Team reporting to a Canada-based Monitor.
- The Consultant must be a Ghanaian citizen or a current resident in Ghana for a minimum of twelve (12) consecutive months. Any non-Ghanaian citizen will be required to provide a valid residence and work permit
The level of effort for the assignment is approximately 161 person days over a 6-year period. Over the 6-year period, yearly contracts between the Canada-based Monitor and the Water and Sanitation Sector Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will be established.
- The Ghana-based Water and Sanitation Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will, preferably, be based in Tamale
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
Required Skills or Experience
- University degree with specialisation in a relevant field such as civil engineering or water resource management, with preference for a post-graduate degree
- Five years of experience in project/programme monitoring and/or evaluation in the water supply and sanitation sector
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation principles, methods of results-based management approaches
- Five years of experience in institutional assessment and capacity building, preferably in decentralized contexts
- Strong oral and written English
- Knowledge of and experience in environmental assessment screening processes
- Experience working with gender statistics, gender sensitive measurements and gender methodologies
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with multiple stakeholders on complex development projects
A detailed copy of the TORs can be picked up from the reception at CIDA-PSU, 38, Independence Avenue, Accra. Applicants residing outside of Greater Accra Region can request for TORs by sending e-mail request to: [email protected].
Qualified candidates are invited to send or email:
- A cover letter which confirms that he or she meets all of the minimal requirements, citing specific examples where possible;
- A complete curriculum vitae with a current telephone number; and
- Names and contact information for two professional references.
CIDA-PSU, 38, Independence Ave
Or Email: [email protected]
We thank everyone for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview
Closing 26th May, 2011