Posted on :
13 Dec, 2016
13 Dec, 2016
Set in an urban oasis within the city centre business district, our contemporary 5 Star hotel is only 7km from the airport where you will receive a warm Ghanaian welcome and complimentary airport shuttle. A tranquil home away from home, the Mövenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra provides an atmosphere of ease and convenience where our guests can be perfectly in control of their time whilst taking advantage of everything on their doorstep. The Accra Financial Centre, World Trade Centre, International Conference Centre and Government Ministries are all close by.
We are currently seeking a passionate, results-oriented professional to fill the following position
Job Title: Meetings and Events Executive
• This candidate oversees day to day sales efforts of the Meetings and events department with specific responsibilities for directing sales, training and maintaining systems in view of achieving the departmental and hotel targets
• He/She is responsible for bookings, generating proposals, generating contracts and issuing confirmations and folllow up process with all MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibutions) customers that are assigned
• Ensures that all requests are handled as per the policy and not exceeding the lead handing timeframe policy, also ensures active follow up on sent offers as per guest requirements. Assess group business to maximum contribution form available public space, generating room revenues whilst achieving meetings and events budgets.
• Yields all lead prior to the offer letter being sent out, in terms of, venue assigned or rates offered – especially in an area set up and seeks the required approval to take the booking
• Complies fully with the hotels credit policy in obtaining pre-payment or approved credit letters for all events and ensures the preparation of event order as per departmental standard and assuring proper distribution of the same
Qualification Required & Experience
• First Degree in any related field from a recognised institution
• Good communication, interpersonal skills and considerable knowledge in office Administration and good computer skills
• Considerable knowledge in report and proposal writing, data entry and filing
• Excellent communication skills and good relationship building skills with a minimum of one year hotel experience
• Must be confident and possess a determined approach at all times
• Resilience and the ability to cope with rejection
• Self-motivation, drive and a competitive streak
• Must have good sales techniques to present the service in a structured professional way face to face.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants may submit their detailed resumes to:-
Closing Date: 16 December, 2016