Posted on :
21 Dec, 2021
21 Dec, 2021
At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 350+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers, and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across seven African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, and Ethiopia).
Job Title: Wholesale Senior Associate
We are looking for a competitive Wholesale Senior Associate to develop sales strategies and attract new clients. The successful salesperson will source new sales opportunities and close sales to achieve revenue targets. The successful candidate will play a key role in increasing income and revenue by managing and negotiating with clients, generating leads, qualifying prospects, managing sales of pharmaceutical products and services as well as research sales competition.
The role-specific tasks will include:
• “Get the sale” using various customer business-to-business sales methods (facility visits, professional business presentations, etc)
• Service existing accounts, obtain orders and establish new accounts by planning and organizing a daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
• Forecast sales, develop “out of the box” sales strategies/models, and evaluate their effectiveness
• Focus sales efforts by studying the existing and potential volume of pharmaceutical dealers.
• Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, new and existing products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques.
• Recommend changes in products, services, and policies by evaluating results and competitive developments.
• Evaluate customers skills, needs and build productive long-lasting relationships
• Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
• Research accounts and generates or follow through sales leads
• Attend meetings, sales events, and training to keep abreast of the latest developments
• Report and provide feedback to management using financial statistical data
• Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
• Meet personal and team sales targets
Qualification Required & Experience
• 5+ years experience in Sales and Marketing in the health care sector
• Bachelors’ degree in Pharmacy preferred (Not a must)
• MBA will be an added advantage
• Strong healthcare background preferred
• Proven business-to-business sales experience
• Track record of over-achieving quota
• Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management
• Strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated and driven
• The enthusiasm to work with an early-stage start-up, commitment to helping us grow, and passion for healthcare in Africa
• Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
• The ability to thrive in a matrix environment requires working with multiple teams internally (this role will liaise with our Technical and Supply Chain teams)
• Experience in managing/leading teams is an advantage
• The ability to be based in Kenya with frequent travel within the assigned region
Salary: Attractive Salary and Bonus Opportunities