Posted on :
16 Sep, 2022
16 Sep, 2022
At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 500+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, and backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers, and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across 9 African countries.
Job Title: Physician Engagement Associate
mPharma is looking for a responsible and trustworthy professional with exceptionally high work standards to join our team as the Physician Engagement (PE) Associate. The PE Associate works within the Health Services team to support Patient Support Programs mainly via directly engaging with Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) in healthcare facilities (hospitals and clinics) to introduce Patient Support Programs (PSPs). This role entails building and managing physician relationships and marketing benefits of PSPs.
The roles specific tasks will include the following.
• Develop marketing and engagement plans on Mutti and the Patient Support Programs and communicate benefits to specialist physicians and encourage them to refer their patients to the support program.
• Mapping and developing professional relationships with healthcare professionals in assigned therapeutic areas.
• Acting as a focal point between mPharma and sales reps of pharmaceutical companies that enlist their drugs on Mutti. This will include aligning their go-to-market strategy with our engagement plan.
• Participating in seminars and events in partnership with pharmaceutical companies that target specific HCPs to pitch Mutti and PSPs.
• Developing and maintaining and updating a database of HCPs in different therapeutic areas that are important sales channels for Mutti.
• Facilitating facility engagements and contract signing for PSPs involving the participation of hospitals and external pharmacies.
• Managing regional holding facilities and performing monthly stock and payment reconciliations.
• Assessing and reporting feedback from HCPs and patients to the Global PSP Lead to improve the delivery of PSPs.
• Routing medication requests and general queries to the Mutti delivery pharmacy and call center.
• Tracking and reporting on PSP drug dispensations and notifying relevant responsible parties of low PSP stock levels.
• Documenting and reporting all adverse events to PSP medications through the appropriate channels within the stipulated timeline as specified by the pharmaceutical company.
• Performing any other assigned task pertaining to the role.
Our Ideal Candidate
The best fit for this role would be someone who possesses the following attributes/qualities.
• Strong interpersonal skills to network with new people and develop business relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
• An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines.
• A strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision.
• Strong project management background.
• Fluent in English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
• A self-starter who can multitask while consistently producing high-quality deliverables for a diverse set of concurrent initiatives.
• Experience working as a medical sales representative would be an advantage.
• A good understanding of the local healthcare terrain.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration or any health-related field.
• 3+ years of professional experience.