Posted on :
7 Sep, 2010
7 Sep, 2010
MSH is recognized globally for the technical excellence of its work and the professional integrity of its employees. We are proud of our staff and believe that they are the organization’s most valuable asset. MSH Ghana Recruits Office Cleaner / Office Assistant
The Cleaner/Office Assistant is responsible for maintaining a clean and orderly office. He or she ensures that duties are performed timely and thoroughly. Assists with incoming telephone calls, makes copies, distributes mail, faxes and provides general clerical support to staff.
1. To be depended on to arrive at work at the prescribed time each day, knowing full well that tardiness and absences from work will place hardship on fellow team members
2. Perform various cleaning activities, to include cleaning bathrooms, bathroom fixtures and tubs, and including washing floors, cleaning kitchens, vacuuming carpets, dusting, polishing and other cleaning-related activities in accordance with instructions given by the Office Manager
3. Report any broken items, accidents or injuries promptly to the Office Manager .
4. Move chairs and other furniture as needed.
5. Secure office, including locking doors and windows, and activating alarms, Report any security or safety violations to the Office Manager immediately.
6. Report any emergency maintenance problems to include toilets and other water fixtures to the Office Manager or administration Assistant immediately.
7. Wear appropriate uniform and personal protective equipment in accordance with the job you are performing.
8. Learn specific and cleaning techniques that will help you work smarter,
9. Attend and participate in meetings as requested by the Office Manager
10. Understand and adhere to safety procedures
11. Leave premises in a safe manner, as to the condition it was found.
12. Communicate effectively with team members.
13. Perform other related duties as assigned
14. Provide telephone coverage as needed. Receive and direct all incoming calls, greet visitors and notify staff of their arrival, and receive deliveries.
15. Receive and distribute external mail and faxes.
16. Assist Technical Advisors with the copying and binding of material when required.
17. Handle miscellaneous administrative or clerical support to staff as requested.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Previous cleaning and office or receptionist experience.
• Working experience in the office environment.
• Financial integrity
• Demonstrated competence in paying attention to details and quality.
• Effective interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a culturally diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
• English fluency preferred.
To apply for this position, please see the instructions below.
Apply for this job
Please have your resume and cover letter available to apply for this position now