MTN is truly committed to maximizing productivity and efficiency by delivering uniquely designed communication solutions. As the leading telecommunications company, MTN is focused on providing excellent telecommunications services across the African continent. MTN Ghana recruits Data Network Manager
Position: Data Network Manager
- Manage, plan and coordinate:
- The section’s systems rollout to meet specified quality and budget constraints.
- Technical RFP preparation & system evaluation
- Manage & improve the Operation & Maintenance process & activities of the following systems
- Prepare & design all needed process & procedures relevant to the tasks performed by the section internally & externally.
- Generates relevant weekly and monthly reports (Activity, Performance, KPIs, Statistics and Marketing reports etc…).
- Support the Head of department.
- Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer science with 3-5 years experience in Data/IP networking and 3 years in GSM & GPRS environment, with direct experience in Juniper & CISCO Network equipments
- Licenses or Certifications Required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- In depth knowledge in Network System technologies (GSM, WCDMA and GPRS architecture, IP networks, etc.)
- In depth knowledge in Management systems associated to different architectures and/or pieces of equipment
- In depth knowledge in functionality and integration of different Multimedia equipment and systems existing in the market.
- In depth knowledge in Database functioning & architecture
- In depth knowledge in Windows OS, UNIX & Linux
- In depth Knowledge of IP and data Networking
- In depth Knowledge of ISP carriers services
- In depth Knowledge of CISCO & Juniper (routers, switches, Firewalls etc…)
- Skill in interpreting IP Network drawings
- Skill in forecasting
- Skill in determining effect/cause of actions
- Skill in problem solving/abstraction
- Skill in technical work
- Skill in record/documentation keeping and project management
- Ability to work off own initiative
- Ability to develop and manage technical resources
- Ability to manage internal and external forces
- Ability to plan and manage around processes that are not under direct control
- Ability to communicate commitment to environmental, health, and safety policies and practices
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems
- Ability to produce accurate, punctual and detailed work
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to accept responsibility
- Ability to recognize shortcomings/needs and initiate a response, unsupervised
We have now gone global, and have become MTN. Do you have what it takes to be part of this winning story Along with specific skills for each job, the following are standard essential requirements for most of our vacancies:
» Good level of computer literacy
» Good written and oral communication skills
» Team-working skills
If you are interested in any of the following vacancies please ensure that you meet the set criteria before sending an application letter and CV to mailto:[email protected]