Govern the managed services vendor to enhance the network quality across all technologies. It includes network performance monitoring, statistical reporting, data collection for network improvement, creation and customization of optimisation report, participate in network performance improvement projects, benchmark report analysis as well as provide inputs into RAN planning activities.
Job Title: Engineer, RAN Optimization
Division: Network Group
Department: Network Planning
Position: Engineer, RAN Optimization
Level: MTN Level 2
Reports to: Manager, RAN Optimization
- Monitoring and Optimization of LTE, UMTS and GSM sites to improve radio KPI’s.
- Coordinate the MS vendor activities on the optimization of LTE, UMTS and GSM Accessibility KPIs and Worst Cells such as (RRC Success Rate, E-RAB Success Rate, Paging Success Rate, Location Update Success Rate, RACH Success Rate, Admission and Congestion Control)
- Coordinate the MS vendor activities on the optimization of Retainability KPIs and Worst Cells such as (PS Drop Rate, CS Drop Rate, IRAT Handover, Inter Frequency Handover, Intra Frequency Handover, Channel Switching, UE Context Release, E-RAB Release, E-RAB Modification and CS Fallback).
- Coordinate the MS vendor activities on the optimization of Integrity KPIs and Worst Cells such as (PDCP Throughput, PDCP Latency, PDCP Packet Loss, PDCP Volume, RLC and MAC Delay, BLER and IUB Utilization and Congestion).
- Coordinate the MS vendor activities on the optimization of Mobility KPIs such as HO Preparation and Execution during Intra-LTE S1 HO, Intra-LTE X2 HO, Inter-LTE S1 HO, Inter-LTE X2 HO, LTE-WCDMA/IRAT HO.
- Monitoring and Escalating of High Utilization on Performance Indicators such as License Capacity, Physical Resources such as PRB and CCE, E-NodeB Processor Load, MME System Load and System Volume for Upgrade.
- Follow up with Vendor with the Implementation of day to day Parameter Tuning to enhance customer experience.
- Highlight and escalate service and network issues via statistic performance analysis and recommend for best service assurance.
- Preparations of Daily/Weekly Network Performance reports and implement recommendations.
- Ensure that all KPI objectives and SLA are strictly adhered to.
- Weekly Network Quality Improvement meeting with Vendor on status of the Network and the Impact of the Improvements from Change Request.
- Coordinate and Submission of Change Request on behalf of Vendor for Approval to improve Network Quality.
- cordinate and Follow up the Implementation on Changer Request and Share Pre-Post Performance by Vendor.
- Follow up with Vendor on VVIP and VIP Customer Complaint and its resolution.
- Perform regular drive testing to access the performance of the network
- Analyze network performance reports and identifying opportunities for improvements.
- BSc. Electronic/Telecommunications Engineering
- Professional certification is a plus.
- 3 years working experience in a telecoms environment with at least 1 years in a supervisory role.
- Experience in Radio Network Optimization
- Working knowledge of Radio planning and Optimisation and engineering economics.
- Skill in records/documentation keeping.
- Ability to perform engineering studies in the areas of RAN Optimisation.
- Impeccable communication skills (verbal, written and visual) across all levels.
- Good knowledge of radio network Optimization on LTE, UMTS and GSM Accessibility KPIs
- Good knowledge of radio network Optimization on LTE, UMTS and GSM Retainability KPIs
- Good knowledge of radio network Optimization on LTE, UMTS and GSM Integrity KPIs
- Good knowledge of radio network Optimization on LTE, UMTS and GSM Mobility KPIs.
- Excellent knowledge of Radio Propagation Principles
- Analytical skills
- Strong numeric ability
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by July 5, 2018 to:
Email: [email protected]
Kindly indicate the Position in the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.