Launched in 1994, the MTN Group is a leading emerging market operator, connecting subscribers in 22 countries in Africa, Asia and the Middle East. The MTN Group is listed on the JSE Securities Exchange in South Africa under the share code: “MTN.” As of 30 June 2013, MTN recorded 201.5 million subscribers across its operations in Afghanistan, Benin, Botswana, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Cyprus, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Guinea Republic, Iran, Liberia, Nigeria, Republic of Congo (Congo Brazzaville), Rwanda, South Africa, Sudan, South Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Uganda, Yemen and Zambia. MTN’s brand is the most valuable in Africa, and is ranked in the top 100 brands worldwide. MTN’s shares constitute the biggest primary listing on the JSE – Africa’s largest stock exchange.
Job Title: Specialist, Roaming & Interconnect
Division: Network Group
Department: Networks Operations
Position: Specialist, Roaming & Interconnect
Level: MTN Level 2
Reports to: Manager, Core Network Support
To ensure MTN’s technical roaming and interconnect services are optimally setup and maintained to the highest standards to guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for building the necessary processes & procedures for adding prepaid and post-paid roaming partners
- Responsible for implementing all roaming partner technical details and also performing the necessary testing for all roaming services with roaming partners
- Responsible for ensuring MTN Ghana IR21 is updated with the latest technical information and disseminated appropriately to all roaming partners
- Responsible for supporting local teams & provide guidance on troubleshooting of general & specific roaming problems.
- Management and coordination of the activities and performance for all 3rd party vendors delivering specific roaming services for MTN Ghana.
- Effective management of roaming and interconnect carriers to ensure high standards of service.
- Responsible for building the necessary communication requirements among different departments: IN, Billing, NSS, Planning & IS teams.
- Responsible for maintaining all testing faults & consult with different department to rectify during the testing period.
- Follow up and coordinate with roaming partners to exchange test results and forward to responsible teams for necessary actions to be taken
- Ensure interconnect testing with partners are conducted on time and results shared within SLA
- Provide and execute roaming testing schedules for all roaming partners.
- Provide other departments with technical roaming information upon request.
- Provide necessary information to local staff on necessary configuration(s) required for implementing any roaming partner info on IN & Core Network
- Generate relevant weekly and monthly reports on IREG, Camel & GSM testing
- Ensure roaming systems meet quality standards through proper end user testing during and after implementation
- Initiate roaming and interconnect related complaints with all first line interfacing teams to address customer complaints
- Remove any unauthorized setup of partners and escalate appropriately.
- Minimum of a B.Sc. Electrical/Electronic/Telecommunications or an equivalent qualification
- Minimum of 3 years hands on experience with roaming
- Customer management
- IREG Training
- Core network operations
- SS7 signalling, switching systems.
- TADIG & IREG testing
- Good knowledge in network system technologies : GSM, WCDMA, LTE (2G, 3G, 4G) access technologies.
- Network Operations & Network quality management
- Good knowledge in Roaming networks architecture, topology, traffic routing, protocols and Interfaces.
- Adequate knowledge in Vendor management in a managed service
- Skill in interpreting roaming performance
- Ability to analyse and report for int’l interconnect reconciliation such as traffic analysis and rerouting planning based on actual network traffic and vendor’s reports including Voice and Signalling
- Competencies in negotiation of int’l interconnect agreements such as SMS, MMS etc.
- Good record keeping of technical details on every roaming partner.
- A subject matter expert on International Roaming issues by studying global trends and networking with other professionals in this field, and by providing documented recommendations to various departments
Skills / physical competencies:
- Energy & Drive – Innovative, results oriented, high sense of urgency and develops self consistently
- Interpersonal Skills – customer centricity, collaborative
- Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity, and ethical in dealings
- Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitors work effectively
- Good written and verbal communication, commitment to the organization
- Analytical thinking and Problem solving abilities
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by Monday, 19th March 2018 to:
Email: [email protected]
Kindly indicate the Position & Location in the subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.