Posted on :
7 Oct, 2019
7 Oct, 2019
Division: Corporate Services
Department: Commercial Legal
Position: Specialist, Commercial Legal
Level: MTN Level 2
Reports to: Senior Manager, Commercial Legal
• Provide assistance to minimize and mitigate legal risk, provide legal services to the various divisions and the Company as a whole towards ensuring corporate governance..
• Assist in the conduct of research and legal opinions, gather and evaluate relevant facts, research applicable laws and provide recommendations on the legal consequences of business initiatives, decisions, and highlight attendant risks.
• Draft, review and authenticate contracts and incorporate related company policies into contracts
• Provide relevant advice on company contracts relating to supplier agreements, employment contracts
• Create and maintain a centralized legal database
• Create and regularly update templates and checklists
• Follow up on reports with external solicitors on all on-going litigation and dispute resolution matters.
• Communicate with third parties via Letters, E-mail etc.
• Provide relevant advice and support efforts towards influencing Governmental & Regulatory Policies affecting the Company’s businesses.
• Ensure implementation and adherence to internal policies
• Dynamic and highly competitive telecommunication & ICT industry
• Highly legal and regulated environment
• Performance Driven Environment
• Diverse cultural environment
• Unionized environment
• Active Media Engagement & Brand Reputation
• Regionalization structure implication
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must have been called to the bar.
• At least 3 years of Legal practice
• Contract Management
• Information Management
• Legal Advice
• Legal Contract Drafting
• Litigation Management
• Research Orientation
• Telecommunications Business Savvy
• Research and Writing Skills
• Microsoft Office Suite
Skills/ Physical Competencies:
• Ability to manage self and be a team player, good conflict and accountability management.
• Energy & Drive – Innovative, Takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
• Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
• Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
• Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, shares knowledge effectively
• Organizational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, presentation skills, commitment to the organization
• Global thinker, Analytical thinking and Problem-solving abilities.
NB: The Incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality at all times
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] Kindly indicate the Position (an exact role you are applying for) in the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 05 October 2019