Posted on :
28 Jul, 2022
28 Jul, 2022
Job Title: Supervisory Contractor, Accounts Payable
• Responsible for processing invoices and payments to MTN Ghana suppliers and employees in accordance with company policies, procedures, and contractual obligations
• Provide leadership and direction for Treasury operations and the Investor Relations function in alignment to the MTN group Policies.
• Support with payment processing via the oracle payment system (I-Expense; I-Supplier; MTN Foundation and Petty Cash Operations)
• Receive supplier invoices and perform first level validation
• Verify if invoices are as per the country legal requirements, completed and accurate per MTN Ghana policies (i.e., ensure that mandatory fields are available and filled on the invoice e.g., Vendor Name, PO / contract reference, description, invoice date, rate, value etc)
• Identify the user department and obtain relevant details pertaining to Cost Centre, nature, and purpose of expenditure, etc
• Verify if invoices are certified by authorized personnel from user department / Supply Chain Management (SCM) before it is sent to Finance for payment processing
• Facilitate recording, storage and scanning of Accounts Payable (AP) documents to transmit to the Shared Service Hub (SSH) within the defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
• Validate all internal and external requests for void payments and provide notification to relevant parties for void payments
• Assess any tax implications based on such requests and liaise with line Manager or internal tax team for clarifications
• Prepare documentation for making forex payments as per local regulatory requirements
• Obtain approval on forex payment documentation and submit to local bank to process forex payments (post approval only)
• Filling of documentation (including personal claims) and facilitation of Audit process with regards to AP documentation
• Technology and Platform business
• Multiregulation and multifaceted stakeholder management
• Public Listed Organization
• Environmental, social and governance prioritized
• Group Finance best practices & standards alignment
• Regionalization structure implication
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in Accounting/Finance
• 2 years relevant experience.
• Experience in Telecom Finance function is an added advantage
• Practical application of accounting principles
• Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• A good appreciation of finance payment systems
Skills / physical competencies:
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to manage own time and workload and juggle conflicting priorities
• Demonstrate evidence of influencing and coaching skills
• Professional approach with a can-do attitude
• Courage Skills- Manages self and team performance, good conflict management, takes and manages accountability
• Energy & Drive – Innovative, takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
• Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
• Personal Skills -Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
• Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitors work effectively
• Analytical thinking, and Problem-solving abilities.
NB: The Incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality always.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to:
Kindly indicate the Position in the subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.