Manage the Procurement, Travel and Logistics planning and direction of the central procurement activities under the supervision of the GM Supply Chain and in line with Group Procurement Strategy
Job Title: Senior Manager, Sourcing
- Implement and deliver supply strategies including supply base rationalization for local procurement categories, and implement initiatives of Group procurement for central categories.
- Lead sourcing, benchmarking and market analysis for local categories, and assist Group procurement for central categories.
- Procurement planning and direction, day-to-day managing the central procurement activities of the company in line with Central procurement policies and procedures
- Establish and implement procedures for procuring materials and services for local categories. Implement new or improved policies, procedures and processes established by Group procurement.
- Detect and keep track of key trends in respective area (Technology, Commercial and Indirect spend categories) and provide information to Central procurement
- Determine a strategy to be utilized for sourcing goods and services for local categories
- Supervise the Managers responsible for Contract & Tenders for local categories, Purchasing, Product Procurement and Supplier Quality Assurance in the Procurement & Support Services Department of the Finance Division.
- Lead negotiations and establish clear SLA’s and delivery targets with local category suppliers.
- Prepare tender documents, contracts/agreements and follow up with supplier performance management and Authorize tender proposals and specifications for local categories. Assist Group procurement with the execution of supplier performance management for central categories.
- Procurement and administrative duties relating to product and capital equipment purchasing, services contracting and contract administration.
- Analyse competitor sourcing activities and strategies for local vendors
- Develop relationships with key local category suppliers, stakeholders and networking with other corporate entities.
- Provide key input to Group Procurement Reporting and Tendering
- Assist Group procurement in monitoring characteristics of preferred suppliers and monitor performance including recognition of risk profiles
- Continually benchmark the cost and quality of current local category suppliers with industry levels
- Reduce cost of operations through effective and efficient local category sourcing without compromising quality.
- Negotiate long-term contracts with local category suppliers to ensure optimum costs and reliable supply
- Ensure thorough and complete purchase and inventory records to provide accurate accounting of all purchased goods and services
- Process to conclusion all disputed purchases of goods and services for the protection of the company and with fairness to the supplier, using the guidance and support from Central procurement if required.
- Interaction with Central Procurement, including providing of information, adhering to Group procurement policies & procedures etc.
- Prepare information for budgeting, ISAs/PSAs, required by Central procurement
- Provide input to Central procurement on local content required in GFAs and implement GFAs in local supplier contracts.
- Group Procurement Changes
- Market drivers, economies of scale and Currencies
- Technology changes
- Total cost of ownership
- Environmental and quality standards
- A Degree in (Procurement/Supply Chain Management)
- Professional qualification or certification in Purchasing and Supply management.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in managing the procurement function of a reputable organisation.
- Experience in contract administration and contract writing.
- Contract Management
- Business Analysis
- General Administration &Logistics Management
- Negotiation Skills
- Inventory Management
- Procurement Management
- Tenders Assessment &Vendor Management
- Financial Acumen
- Problem Solving
- Planning and Budgeting &Reporting
- Research Orientation
- Service Level Agreement Management
- Legislation and Compliance
Skills / physical competencies:
- Manages self and team performance, good conflict management, takes and manages accountability
- Energy & Drive – Innovative, Takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
- Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
- Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
- Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitors work effectively
- Organisational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, commitment to the organization
- Global thinker, Analytical thinking and Problem solving abilities.
NB: The Incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality at all times