Manage, plan and ensure a seamless coordination of all operational activities in the Call Center, ensuring that work is done professionally and in line with laid down procedures and processes, and as directed by line manager to achieve Customer Experience efficiencies and Call Centre business targets.
Job Title: Manager, Inbound Calls
Job Role Key Tasks:
- Provide leadership and direction to the Call Center team and ensure effectiveness of subordinates in the discharge of their work.
- Determine Call Centre operational strategies by conducting needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; contributing information and analysis to the CR divisional strategic plans and reviews.
- Liaise with Call Center Senior Manager in setting achievable targets for the Call Center by giving strategic input to immediate supervisor on how to achieve objectives.
- Ensure that procedures and policies as outlined by the company and department in relation to dealing with call centre enquiries are adhered to and gather feedback from customers on their satisfaction level through surveys.
- Allocate jobs to supervisors with measurable goals who perform consistently to meet monthly targets.
- Undertake continuous and periodic appraisals of supervisors and clearly outline training needs by conducting monthly assessments and recommend improvement measures where applicable.
- Generate periodic reports on Call Center activities and make appropriate recommendations where relevant to immediate supervisor.
- Maintain and improve Call Center operations by monitoring agent and system performance; identifying and resolving problems; preparing and completing action plans; completing system audits and analyses; and manage process improvement and quality assurance programs per business plan
- Meet Call Center financial objectives by estimating requirements for proper call forecasting; providing input into call center annual budget; analysing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in Call Center operations management; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Prepare Call Center performance reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing data and trends.
- End to end management of call center partners to ensure efficiency and value for money.
- Coordinate relationship between MTN divisional stakeholders and call center partner to enhance coordination and effective working relationships.
- Responsible for coordinating Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly Business Reviews, tracking actions and ensuring implementation within cost and time.
- In consultation with line manager, guide vendor around call forecasting for budgetary purposes.
- Perform monthly call volume variance analysis, glean insights and proffer recommended actions to manage negative exposures.
Ensure overall service efficiency and exceptional call center customer experience per MTNG CEX ambitions.
A University Degree in the Social Sciences or a relevant field of study with analytical focus, marketing or commercial subjects.
A minimum of 5 years relevant experience with at least 3 years in vendor management and in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of Project Management
- Knowledge of Vendor Management
- Knowledge of Customer Service Management
- Excellent Computer Literacy skills
- Contract Management
- Resource Management
- Managerial skills (planning, organizing, motivating, coordinating and control)
- Manages self and is a team player, good conflict management, takes and manages accountability
- Energy & Drive – Innovative, Takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
- Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
- Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
- Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, shares knowledge effectively
- Organizational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, presentation skills, Interpersonal skills
- Global thinker, Analytical thinking and Problem solving abilities.
- Proven communication skills including tact and diplomacy
- Customer focused