Launched in 1994, the MTN Group is a leading emerging market operator, connecting subscribers in 22 countries in Africa, Asia and the Middle East. The MTN Group is listed on the JSE Securities Exchange in South Africa under the share code: “MTN.” As of 30 June 2013, MTN recorded 201.5 million subscribers across its operations in Afghanistan, Benin, Botswana, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Cyprus, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Guinea Republic, Iran, Liberia, Nigeria, Republic of Congo (Congo Brazzaville), Rwanda, South Africa, Sudan, South Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Uganda, Yemen and Zambia. MTN’s brand is the most valuable in Africa, and is ranked in the top 100 brands worldwide. MTN’s shares constitute the biggest primary listing on the JSE – Africa’s largest stock exchange.
Job Title: Engineer, Networks Field Service
Division: Network Group
Department: Networks Operations
Location: Accra, Takoradi, Sunyani and Eastern/Volta
Position: Engineer, Networks Field Service (Indicate Location preferred)
Level: MTN Level 2
Reports to: Manager, Networks Field Service
To maintain MTN’s network at the highest standards within the assigned region through effective coordination and supervision of all internal and external regional technical field resources and to ensure customer satisfaction for all the network services provided by MTN.
- Day-to-day supervision and coordination of all regional technical operations and maintenance activities in the region with the Managed Service Provider to ensure all network SLAs/ KPIs, customer KPIs/SLAs, due dates and specifications are strictly adhered to.
- Liaising with the central change management team to ensure that all network changes within the region are effectively managed.
- Serve as the MTN resource to be part of all network acceptance tests of all nodes and services.
- Assist Sales team in identifying and closing opportunities from a technical perspective.
- Provide input for OPEX and CAPEX budget for the region.
- Implement procedures, processes and systems to track and monitor network service quality and customer-service standards within the region.
- Meet regularly and on an ad hoc basis with Managed Service Provider to discuss and track performance or technical and customer issues
- Ensure all network spares inventory are in place and appropriately stocked per managed service contract SLA
- Perform spot checks to ensure compliance by Managed service provider to all HSSE ideals within the region
- Produce reports to evaluate/benchmark regional performance in accordance with Network Regional Coordination guidelines.
- Ensure network radio KPIs are achieved and tracked on a daily basis
- Ratify KPI exclusions claimed by Vendors with the central team
- Develop and execute a preventive maintenance program for all parts of the network within the region.
- Schedule and attend customer review meetings for enterprise customers.
- Track FTTH (Fixed broadband) installations and fault repairs within the region
- Ensure power availability at all switch centres and cell sites
- Serve as a plant protection officer to ensure outside plants are protected from damage.
- Completion of physical on-site inspections of sites
- Asset inspection, database tracking and validation
- Submit relevant reports & presentations as and when required.
- Minimum of a B.Sc. Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunications and or a related Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years’ field proven work experience in the GSM Telecommunications industry with experience in radio, transmission and power networks
- 1 year experience in IP Technology
- Adequate knowledge in network system technologies like GSM, WCDMA, LTE (2G, 3G, 4G) access technologies.
- Adequate knowledge in GPON and IP networks
- Adequate Knowledge in SDH & PDH, SDN Transmission network (coverage and capacity)
- Knowledge of power systems
- Network Operations & Network quality management
- Knowledge and application of technological advancements
Skills /Physical competencies:
- Ability to follow processes and make improvement
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communications skills: – oral & written, language skills
- Strong negotiation skill
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent customer management skills
- Proactive thinking ability
- Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to review SLA and WLA
- Ability monitor network performance and follow up vendor for timely resolution of network outages and challenges
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by Monday, 19th March 2018 to:
Email: [email protected]
Kindly indicate the Position & Location in the subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.