Posted on :
30 May, 2023
30 May, 2023
• The primary purpose of the job is to conduct detailed risks assessments and/or risk deep dives, analyses, and monitoring of remediation across all technology business units and areas. The role will also be accountable for reporting to the business on risk management processes, in line with
Enterprise Risk strategy and best practices, offering specialized advice and recommendations, where necessary.
Job Title: Analyst, Risk – Technical
• Diversifying telco-to-techno landscape
• Evolving industry ecosystems
• Volatile and unstable currency and market movements in the OpCo
• Regulatory and Legislative compliance
• Liaise with divisional Governance champions to ensure a coordinated approach to risk identification and management within the assigned divisions.
• Assist in ensuring inputs/ for the facilitating Governance Committee Meetings.
• Ensure inputs are updated to the Risk Dashboard at all times.
• Support the facilitation of annual/biannual Business Impact Analysis within the divisions assigned.
• Assist in performing gap analysis on current risk /issues of critical areas of the business as per integrated plan.
• Support with the maintenance of Risk Dashboards for executive management.
• Assist in performing the organization’s ERM, BCM, CRM and IRM Maturity Assessments, as per Group’s model.
• Assist in the update and review of IT and Network Group disaster recovery plans to ensure procedures for core critical systems are always up to date.
• Assist in the update of and review of Business Continuity plans, while maintaining central oversight.
• Assist in ensuring Business Continuity strategy formulation is done by the business units/divisions assigned in a well-coordinated manner.
• Support the facilitation of simulations/exercises at business unit level and integrated tests at company-wide level;
• Assist annual/bi-annual signing of Management Attestations within the divisions assigned.
• Assist in companywide Risk Workshops with the Risk Champions and Excom. Not clear
• Contribute to the Companywide Principal Residual Risk Rating Conclusions with the Risk Champions, Excom and BRM counterparts.
• Contribute to Risk Based Audit Plan and report on risks to the stakeholders and the subcommittees of the board.
• Contribute to the yearly Risk Management plan aligned to BRM themes.
• Continuous Control Management
• Support on the identification of areas to include in the CCM
• Support on the identifying and assessing the risks and classifying mitigation controls for each risk
• Ensure management review and input on resolution of CCM areas
• Assist to communicate exception reports to management
• Ensure continuous reassessments of the agreed controls
• Alignment with the integrated plan and King IV Corporate Governance.
• Risk Management Frameworks, Methodologies, themes, Policies, Processes and procedures.
• Dynamic and highly competitive telecommunication & ICT industry
• Multi regulated environment.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A bachelor’s degree in business/ Accounting/ Computer Science or a related field of study.
• A relevant professional qualification in risk management would be a plus.
• 3 years’ experience in a related field, preferably in IT/Telecoms/Financial Services. Strong project planning and management experience.
• Enterprise Risk Management Methodology or ISO Risk Management Standard 31000
• Process Management and Maturity models
• BCM methodologies (ISO 22301 Standard) and reviews include incident & crisis management, emergency preparedness, recovery modes/methods, IS Disaster recovery strategies etc.
• Information Security Risk Management
• Corporate Governance frameworks e.g. King IV.
• Insurance risk knowledge.
• Data Analytics
• Working knowledge of Industry standards of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), BCM. E.g. BS 25999/ISO 22301.
• Basic IS infrastructure knowledge advantageous
• Use of Excel, Power Point, Word
• Good Report Writing.
Skills / physical competencies:
• Energy & Drive – Innovative, Takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently, Creativity and Innovation
• Interpersonal Skills – self Leadership customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports, teamwork and cooperation
• Personal Skills – Trustworthy and ethical in dealings
• Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, work collaboratively effectively and efficiently
• Organisational Positioning Skills – Good written, Reporting, verbal & presentation communication, commitment to the organization
• Global thinker, Analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
NB: The Incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality always.
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should indicate vacancy number ADTRACK – R&C002 as the email subject. Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum to: