Responsible for managing regulatory and government Affairs by ensuring regulatory compliance with internal processes, policies, applicable laws and regulations. In addition, provides advisory support and implements strategy related to regulatory and government affairs stakeholders at the district/regional and national levels to the benefit of MTN.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Regulatory & Government Affairs
- Develop and drive MTN Ghana’s Regulatory affairs and government and stakeholder relations strategy.
- Provide leadership to the regulatory affairs function of MTN as well as government relations and regulatory advice to all divisions within MTN.
- Input into Regulatory policies/regulations, legislative framework and future impact of new Regulatory policies and legislation.
- Understand the impact of potential changes driven by the local regulators, industry, marketplace, and/or legal environment and report these back to line manager and management.
- Ensure effective implementation of the MTN Group Strategy within the Opco by means of providing direction, structure, frameworks, models, roadmaps and support to local teams within operations
- Promptly advise the business on identified external proposals and the measures that may be taken to mitigate any identified risk.
- Coordinate research regulatory approvals and input into proposed legislation, policies and regulations.
- Effectively engage with key stakeholders and decision makers in the executive and legislative arm of government to shape and change policy and draft legislation.
- Collaborate and assist Division to lobby key stakeholders and facilitate regulatory and stakeholder meetings to ensure relevant participation and provide direction and counsel to the various discussions
- Supervise comprehensive research and provide detailed policy analysis via scanning international, government and regulatory environment to identify threats and opportunities to MTN.
- Assist in coordinating advocacy campaigns via industry groupings and organisations on identified issues impacting MTN.
- Manage domestic and international industry regulatory issues and policies in a manner that ensures that MTN’s strategic objectives are advanced and protected.
- Understand and follow trade, industry, telecommunications and policy issues within Ghana likely to impact MTN and keep management appraised of those developments.
- Prepare MTN for the renewal processes related to all licenses and manage all the activities leading to the renewal decision
- Report on an adhoc basis on specific management requirements as and when necessary
- Written reports as per the required formats (set by Executive, Regulatory and Compliance)
- Input into strategies for ensuring regulatory compliance and mitigation of risk i.e. Material legislations, fines and reporting requirements for various regulators
- Dynamic and highly competitive telecommunication & ICT industry
- Highly legal and regulated environment
- Performance driven environment
- Diverse cultural environment
- Unionized environment
- Active Media engagement & Brand Reputation
- Regionalization structure implication
Professional certification (BL)
8 years experience in Law practice. With at least 3 years’ experience in Government relations, Regulatory and/or stakeholder engagement function/activity at a managerial level.
- Excellent communication; presentation, reporting and writing skills
- Conceptual thinking
- Contract Management
- Government Relations
- Information Management
- Legislation and Compliance
- Policy Design and Development
- Project Planning and Control
- Research Orientation
- Stakeholder Relations Management
- Telecommunications Business Savvy
- Computer literacy – MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
Skills / Physical competencies:
- Ability to manage self and team performance, good conflict management and dispute resolution
- Energy & Drive – Innovative, Takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently.
- Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
- Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity in dealings
- Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitors work effectively
- Organisational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, presentation Skills, commitment to the organization
- Global thinker, Analytical thinking and Problem solving abilities.
- Ability to align MTN Group standards to local regulatory environments
- Stakeholder Influencer
- Emotional Maturity
- Good networking skills
- Facilitation Skills
NB: The Incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality at all times
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by 30th November 2018 to:
Email: [email protected]
Kindly indicate the Position (exact role you are applying for) in the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.