Manage the monitoring, identification and examination of all Mobile Money crime/ fraud incidents/ allegations picked or received by the team, gathering of intelligence and evidence, determination of which cases will proceed to full investigations or not, preparation of cases recommended for investigation through the conduct of detailed background checks to help prove or disprove allegations whilst liaising with the Financial Intelligence Centre (FIC), BoG, Bankers and other relevant internal & external stakeholders towards closure.
Job Title: Manager, MFS Referral & Intelligence
- Manage the collection & analysis of a wide variety of information to identify/investigate Money Laundering suspicious situations acting within defined limits and guidelines set by the Management team and preparing escalation files for review which provide analysis, identification of root cause, linkages and process gaps and outlining opportunities for process improvement, customer services & product development procedures.
- Liaise with Partner Banks in preparing Money Laundering related fraud incident reports, identifying types and linkages to ensure accurate documentation to substantiate case. Provide critical information assessments to SM as required.
- Manage the identification of any areas where intelligence gathered will enhance the original referral. This will include contact with internal and external partners, or use of authorised officer powers to obtain information from data holders or service providers, such as banks, aggregators etc.
- Provide input on MoMo fraud risk and mitigating tactics as it relates to change initiatives for MFS as required.
- Provide subject matter expertise (Money Laundering) and advice to Fraud Analysts to assist in specific diagnosis, determining the nature of the potential Money Laundering fraud incident and making decisions on appropriate investigative path to the Internal Stakeholder. Act as the point of fraud escalation for team members in the MoMo team as required.
- Provide excellent customer service in line with desired customer experience, locating/contacting customers/branches/internal partners and advising them of incidents and providing them with information/instruction as necessary.
- Work with stakeholders to provide recommendations to Management for changes which reduce fraud exposure and losses while maintaining cost effectiveness and high level of customer service.
- Provide the needed support to the line manager in organizing the needed information and data for reporting to FIC and BOG.
- Dynamic and highly competitive telecommunication & ICT industry
- Highly regulated telecom and financial services environment High incidence of Fraud associated with business growth.
- Performance driven environment
- Developing sophisticated processes
- Diverse cultural environment
- Contract Employees management
- A First Degree in a relevant field
- Certified Fraud Examiner/ Certified Compliance Officer/ Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist a must.
- Minimum of 5 years in Fraud investigations with at least 3 years in a supervisory role
- Analysis and Evaluation
- Investigative and Reporting
- Complex Problem-Solving
- Social Perceptiveness Microsoft Office Suite
- Intelligence Gathering
- Communication & Presentation
Physical Skills/ Competencies:
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Social Orientation
- Self-Control and Stress Tolerance
- Creative, takes initiative & Result Oriented
- Attention to details
- Ability to lead, take charge and offer opinions and direction
- Good natured and Cooperative attitude
- Customer Oriented
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Judgment and Decision Making