Posted on :
7 Oct, 2019
7 Oct, 2019
Division: Corporate Services
Department: Commercial Legal
Position: Senior Specialist, Commercial Legal
Level: MTN Level 3
Reports to: Senior Manager, Commercial Legal
Provide assistance to:
• Minimize and mitigate legal risk,
• Advise, negotiate and manage commercial legal transactions within MTN and outside MTN
• Ensure corporate governance, compliance,
• Provide guidance and advice to operations in commercial legal activities/transactions requiring MTN input – drafting, structuring,
• Review practices, procedures, policies and business to ensure that these in accordance with the laws of Ghana.
• Manage legal/commercial risk in transactions.
• Negotiate, draft and implement legal agreements and provide legal support to company projects
• Incorporate related company policies into contracts and provide legal advice on company matters
• Monitor, manage and provide input into litigation strategy and approach of external solicitors on all on-going litigation and dispute resolution matters
• Monitor the legal and regulatory landscape and reports on laws, regulations, guidelines that can affect the business of the company and provide guidance in legislative aspects
• Manage legal risks in accordance with company policy.
• Provide legal opinions on various legal issues and legal advice on transactions
• Research applicable laws and provide recommendations on the legal consequences of business initiatives and decisions and highlight attendant risks.
• Provide legal support to company projects
• Support the implementation of internal company policies.
• Support efforts towards influencing governmental & regulatory policies affecting the company¡¦s businesses.
• Facilitate timely responses to stakeholders.
• Dynamic and highly competitive telecommunication & ICT industry
• Highly legal and regulated environment
• Performance Driven Environment
• Diverse cultural environment
• Unionized environment
• Active Media Engagement & Brand Reputation
• Regionalization structure implication
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Degree in Law with a qualifying certificate in law (i.e. Bar exams)
• 5+ years post qualification Commercial/Corporate Law experience in a large local law firm or the legal department of a large company. Experience must include exposure and direct participation in:
• Negotiations and drafting of reasonably complex commercial transactions
• Telco/Finance Experience an advantage.
• In-depth knowledge of commercial laws, telecoms laws, labour laws, land laws etc
• Analytical Thinking
• Conflict Management
• Contract Management
• Information Management
• Legal Advice
• Litigation Management
• Research Orientation
• Computer Literacy
• Time Management.
Skills/ Physical Competencies:
• Ability to manage conflict, accountability, self and team performance.
• Innovative takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
• Leadership skills, customer-centric, collaborative and ability to coach & develop direct ports
• Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
• Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitors work effectively
• Good written and verbal communication, presentation skills,
• Negotiation skills
• Global thinker, Analytical thinking and Problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to handle issues with tact and diplomacy
• Ability to manage own time and workload and juggle conflicting priorities
NB: The Incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality at all times
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] Kindly indicate the Position (an exact role you are applying for) in the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 05 October 2019