Manage and oversee all Capital Projects and Transformation Initiatives of IT Division to ensure that project goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame, scope and budget in line with MTN Ghana’s strategy plan.
Job Title: Management Contractor, Capital Projects
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit each project’s budget requirements and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel including vendors and divisional staff.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools and track project milestones and deliverables.
- Supervise the preparation and delivery of different project documents in accordance with Capital Project Management Framework, e.g. Project Briefs, Scope Statements, Project Plan of Execution, Progress Reports, and other documentation and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyse results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Conduct project post analysis and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Provide high level leadership, direction and team spirit to subordinates.
- The ability to guide investment plan and capital expenditure in line with strategic plan.
- Plan and identify areas of Skill enhancement for all project team members and stakeholders.
- Support Divisional Annual budget preparation and control Capital and Operating Expenditure budgets
- Capital Program Group mission is to deliver cost-effective and innovative enterprise projects on time, within scope and of the best quality while serving as a trusted partner in facilitating cross-functional collaboration with excellence.
- Ghana Program Management Office is centrally located within the Capital Program Group and is managing projects across all divisions in MTN Ghana.
- MTN Ghana Projects are being managed in accordance with Capital Project Management and Capital Budget Management Frameworks.
- The MTN Capital Project Management Framework complies with the Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Dynamic and highly competitive telecommunication & ICT industry.
- Partial outsourcing to third party – Ericsson, Tecnotree, Oracle and other approved Technology partners
- Highly regulated environment.
- Diverse Cultural environment.
- Group best practices & standards
Experience and Competencies
- 5 years’ experience in Project Management and experience in IT/Telecom environment
- Formal Project Management Experience in a Telecommunications Business Environment in specific areas of Customer Care & Billing Systems, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems Environment, Information security, Cyber Security and regulatory.
- Experience working in a medium to large multinational organization.
- Proven experience in managing large scale Digital Projects and solutions across complex, cross-functional Program and Channels
- Risk management prior to and during the Project Execution, managing Risks within Project Timelines, Budgets and Quality
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Body of Knowledge (PMBOK). Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- A high-level knowledge of Telecom Business and Operations Support Systems.
- Good knowledge of IT Demand Management.
- Thorough knowledge of business functions and extensive understanding of business operations and objectives.
- Budgeting and resource management disciplines
- Good knowledge of Financial Management.
- In depth knowledge of telecom market and industry.
- Knowledge of the range of the corporate business partners.
- Understanding of technology and services.
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
- Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint
Physical Skills/ Competencies:
- Ability to manage conflict, accountability, self and team performance.
- Innovative, takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently.
- Leadership skills, customer centric, collaborative and ability to coach & develop direct reports.
- Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings.
- Ability to focus on priorities and plans manages and monitors work effectively.
- Good written and verbal communication, presentation Skills,
- Commitment to the organization.
- Global thinker, Analytical thinking and Problem solving abilities.
- Ability to handle issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to manage own time and workload and juggle conflicting priorities.
- Professional approach with a can do attitude.