Posted on :
30 May, 2023
30 May, 2023
• Provide specialist advice on indirect taxes to MTN Ghana and Mobile Money Ltd (CST, VAT, NHIL Levy, GETFund Levy, Customs) and other related matters, including, its key distributors. Ensure that not only the business being fully tax compliant from the tax legislations’ perspective all areas of indirect taxes (CST, VAT, NHIL Levy, GETFund Levy, and Customs),
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Indirect Tax
• Provide key input in developing Indirect Direct tax plans, and solutions; researching and tracking economic, political, and legislative trends affecting and potentially affecting the telecommunication/ ICT industry; identifying and researching local and foreign taxation issues.
• Ensure all transactional tax (Indirect taxes- Communication services, VAT, WHTVAT, Customs) queries and tax issues raised by departments within the business are resolved.
• Ensure accurate and timely accounting and Filing of all indirect tax returns and Remittance of VAT on Normal Operations, VAT on Foreign Services, VAT on Proceeds from disposal of fixed assets.
• Liaise with internal stakeholders in the organizations in addressing all statutory audits with various tax authorities and external auditors.
• Identify tax exposures, evaluate and present tax action options to Senior Consultant.
• Issue VAT certificates for all payments by Scancom and MOMO Ltd.
• Provide input to indirect tax risk management policy and proposed strategy and ensure the implementation of Group tax policies internally.
• Manage the provision of day-to-day advisory support to other divisions and departments on indirect tax related issues.
• Perform sensitivity/trend analysis of all sales transactions.
• Interact with tax consultants and tax officials from various firms within the telecommunications industry as and when required on all indirect tax issues
• Provide indirect input to regular updates to the audit committee on all tax matters.
• Research into new tax applications and recommend appropriate direction for business. This includes providing inputs to Lead Specialist for tax related policies, strategies and procedures.
• Facilitate annual risk assessment to identify changes in tax related rules & regulations.
• Provide updates to Opco in case of modification of rules and regulation.
• Provide key input to ensure that the business is structured in the most tax-effective way and work with the Legal and Business Development groups to certify that transactions are appropriately structured.
• Provide key input to ensure that the company is maximizing tax abatements and other incentives offered by the various tax legislations.
• Dynamic and highly competitive technology & ICT industry
• Multiregulation and multifaceted stakeholder management
• Public Listed Organization
• Environmental, Social and Governance prioritized
• Regionalization structure implication
• Performance driven environment
• Development of a sophisticated client base (especially high value)
• Diverse cultural environment
• Extended workforce management
Qualification Required & Experience
• First Degree in Accounting
• Must be a Chartered Accountant (ICAG, ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW)
• Chartered Institute of Taxation -Ghana membership
• 5 years Tax experience preferably in the Telecom Industry or in a medium to large organization with at least 3 years in a supervisory role
• Tax Management
• Tax and other laws – interpretation, compliance and application
• Financial acumen
• Negotiating and influencing Skills
• Excellent knowledge in spread sheets, database and document preparation applications
• Extensive tax experience
• Profound ability to interpret information and understand underlying commercial drivers of performance of Telecom industry.
• Good knowledge of MGP applications.
• Knowledge in budget preparation and forecasting
• Risk management
• Financial Planning
Skills / physical competencies:
• Ability to manage self and be a team player, good conflict management, ability to take and manage accountability
• Energy & Drive – Innovative, Takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
• Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
• Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
• Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, shares knowledge effectively
• Organizational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, presentation skills, commitment to the organization
• Global thinker, Analytical thinking and Problem solving abilities.
• Skill in Resource Management
NB: The Incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality always.
Strategic Planning & Thinking
• Analyze the organization’s wider environment and draw conclusions about the impact of events and activities; guide the team to create solutions that deliver value in line with the business plans.
• Develops and implements organization wide policy by determining target audience, building coalitions with the appropriate population, and developing a budget.
• Introduces new approaches that may have been tried elsewhere.
• Examines situations from multiple or different perspectives.
• Recognizes points for improvement and uses imagination to solve problems.
• Organizes, classifies, and synthesizes the data into fundamental issues.
• From the information, identifies the most probable causes of the problem.
• Reduces the information down into manageable components.
• Identifies the logical outcomes from analyzing the data collected.
Decision Making based on Decision Modelling
• Maintains the utmost integrity and always behaves ethically. Identifies gaps in information and makes informed assumptions in order to take timely action.
• Addresses very complex issues and makes a judgment call on the need for additional analysis or the business necessity to take a timely decision, with the available information.
• Demonstrates basic understanding of different decision models.
• Leads the business insights strategy for the organization and makes a significant contribution to the overall strategic planning process.
• Is considered highly influential and credible in providing customer, market, and business insights to inform and improve the quality of decision making across the organization.
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should indicate vacancy number ADTRACK – F&STAX 001 as the email subject. Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to: