Job Title: Engineer: Messaging
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job
Messaging support engineer will form part of an MTN GC technology operation organization team responsible for resolving or escalating Messaging applications and infrastructure issues. This candidate will provide Level 1 infrastructure support to the business performing root cause analysis and suggest improvement plans where required.
Key Performance Areas: Core, essential responsibilities / outputs of the position (KPA’s)
Service Desk Engineer will be the Single Point of Contacts for all Messaging related issues for end users whose key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for handling Incidents and change requests and will be the point of contact for Messaging-related issues.
- Ensuring every issue/request is logged in the ServiceNow ticketing tool without any lapses.
- Providing the first Level for all related infrastructure-related services within agreed SLA’s.
- Quantifying and qualifying the impact or operational risk to escalate the incident on time if necessary.
- Performing diagnosis on incidents to drive mitigation and coordinate the efforts to mitigate them.
- Route tickets to internal 2nd and 3rd Level Messaging support staff appropriately without any misrouting.
- Assigning service requests/incidents to appropriate support teams and follow up until closure.
- In charge of driving and implementing changes in development and production environments.
- Communicating with the business about changes, incidents, and maintenance.
- Using the incident management system (ServiceNow) to document and manage Incidents and work requests and their respective resolutions and circumventions.
- Coordinate with Level 2 teams during Major incidents and provide updates to Users.
- Ensuring the ticket is updated with the latest updates descriptively for future reference
- Adhering to on-call duties and operating processes – KPIs and SLAs.
- Constantly upscale your technical expertise to administer a wide range of infrastructures.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Minimum 3-year Academic Diploma in Information technology.
- Fluent in English and language of country (preferable).
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Messaging systems support.
- Proficiency in Service Now.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with business partners and other engineers.
- Knowledge and practical experience within the Telecommunications industry.
- Being a self-starter and the ability to work unsupervised is essential.
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies (advantageous) .
- Implementers, Decisive Problem Solver, Best Practice Value Creator
- Culture and Change Champion, Guiding People Manager, Relationship Builder
- Results Achiever, Operationally Astute
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing work items appropriately.
- Self-motivated, self-confident team player that can work well in a fast-paced environment. Quick on one’s feet, fast thinker.
- Ability to understand and communicate high level technical concepts.
- Process driven; leverage existing processes to efficiently execute duties.
- Ability to work with the customer and to involve the right people; solicits input, knows and plans for stakeholder impact. Self-motivated, independent worker, driven to complete tasks quickly
- Ability to balance’s priorities and manage workload effectively.
- Quickly adapts approach as the situation changes.
- Detail-oriented individual to ensure all issues are resolved to customer satisfaction.
– Regional and international travel (if required)