Posted on :
10 Jul, 2019
10 Jul, 2019
Division: Internal Audit & Forensics
Department: Internal Audit & Forensics
Job Title: GM, Internal Audit & Forensics
Level: MTN Level 4
Reports to: Group Chief Internal Auditor and Forensics, MTN GH ARC Administrative Reporting Line – MTN GH CEO
• Working closely with the MTN Executive Leadership Team and the Opco CEOs, the Executive: Group
In line with the overarching Group Governance Framework and Strategy, establish and maintain effective third line assurance department encompassing internal audit and forensic services.
• The position is responsible for the leadership, governance, management of the Opco Internal Audit and Forensics Services function and providing independent assurance on the internal control environment of the Opco through the implementation of the Group Internal Audit and Fraud Risk Management Methodologies, systems, tools and best practices as prescribed by the Group Internal Audit and Forensics function. The role will be adding value to the business by recommending and monitoring remedial actions.
• Provide Leadership, advisory and consulting on all matters regarding internal audit & forensics to MTN Ghana and its employees.
• Lead the effective implementation of an MTN GH Internal Audit and Fraud Risk Management charter, policy, and strategy as informed by the MTN Group Internal Audit and Forensics charter, methodology, systems, and best practices.
• Establish a well-staffed and competent Internal Audit & Forensics team to service MTN GH assurance requirements.
• Ensure utilization of the Group-wide mandated GRC tools and systems and source ancillary supplementary tools as needed to deliver on business imperatives.
• Perform special audits proactively and on an ad-hoc basis as required by Regulators, business line management, the Group or MTN GH Audit Committee.
• Lead and/or support specific audits to investigate adherence with policies, procedures, and legal/regulatory requirements to identify and evaluate exposures and to correct defective processes.
• Provide technical input and thought leadership to Internal Audit & Forensic teams as part of the cross-skilling across OpCos, as part of the central reporting line into Group Executive: IAFS, as appropriate;
• Continuously evaluate MTN GH’s Risk Management and Governance processes and report accordingly. Prioritize beyond the immediate.
• Understand and comply with the MTN GH and MTN Group-wide Delegation of Authority requirements.
• Appreciate and apply the relevant local laws and regulatory landscape.
• Respond and effectively manage fraud, bribery, and misconduct related investigations in line with the Group Fraud Policies and ensure remedial actions and taken regarding recoveries control remediation and employee sanctioning.
• Support employee related preventive as well as noncompliance processes with regard to the Employee disciplinary process.
• Implement Group and MTN GH wide fraud prevention strategies including the formalizing a proactive fraud prevention plan in line with the guidance provided by the Group function
• Ensure the implementation of efficient processes for documenting all audit-related initiatives and activities in line with the guidance provided by the Group function
• At the relevant levels, review complaints, concerns, or questions relative to internal audit and forensic issues and provide consultative leadership and support to the Opco as appropriate.
• Implement and adhere to the Group Internal Audit and Forensic Quality Assurance Program
• Implement a learning and development program related to the area of work in line with Business and people requirements
• Assist with regional (i.e. outside MTN Ghana) audit and forensic activities where required
• Manage, motivate, performance manage, develop, grow and guide team members.
• Rapidly evolving Technology environment
• Change management
• Achievement of top quartile operating efficiency and effectiveness through scale, policies, and processes
• Enabling growth through business intelligence and standardization to maximize business impact
• Expectation Management (customer and partners)
• Service orientation(internal and external)
• Highly regulated and government scrutiny. Effective governance practices and control environment critical.
• Diversifying telco-to-techno landscape and evolving industry ecosystems
• Shifting Audit landscapes and Evolution of Audit approaches to include multiple lines of defense
• King IV Corporate Governance Principle
• Multidiscipline operating models and operating systems. Shared Services Hub (SSH) Operating Model, Dependency on partners and managed systems.
• Cloud services, virtualization, complex networks and technologies
• Internal Audit (IA) and Combined Assurance (CA) Methodologies, RM Frameworks, Policies, Processes and Procedures.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum Degree (Business, Finance, Statistics, Economics) and a related postgraduate qualification
• Chartered Accountant highly advantageous
• Professional Internal Audit qualification such as CIA and ACFE preferred
• Minimum 7 years of Senior Management experience in a medium to a large-sized multi-national organization
• The candidate will have operated within a listed blue-chip multinational, and while this role is focused on Ghana, significant international (emerging markets) experience is ideal.
• C-suite Experience an advantage
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in internal audit and forensics
• Telecommunications industry experience an advantage
Work across diverse cultures and geographies highly advantageous
Technical Knowledge / Competencies
• The breadth of research/analysis skills across various channels (Online, commercial trends, financial trends, operational trends, technical trends, etc.)
• Technology developments and next-generation interests
• Strong aptitude for business and financial analysis
• Attention to detail and sensitivity to audience context
• Ability to think both quantitatively and creatively
• Project management
• Demonstrated success working in fast-paced, highly collaborative team environments
• Knowledge of the market, industry, and country
People Manager (MTN Leader Profile/MTN Agile Leader Profile)
Skills / physical competencies:
• Business Acumen, Problem Solving, Information processing
• Ability to operate with and influence high-performing teams;
• Ability to balance multiple reporting lines and maintain harmony across reporting lines and reporting jurisdictions.
• Influencing others and negotiation skills
• Data interpretation, Judgement, Continuous improvement, Reporting
• Leadership and Team management
• Ability to manage conflict, accountability, self and team performance.
• Innovative takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
• Leadership skills, customer-centric, collaborative and ability to coach & develop direct reports
• Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
• Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitors work effectively
• Good written and verbal communication, presentation Skills,
• Commitment to the organization
• Global thinker, Analytical thinking and Problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to handle issues with tact and diplomacy
• Strong Project Management Skills
• Ability to manage own time and workload as well as conflicting priorities
• Facilitation Skills
• Negotiation Skills
NB: The Incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality at all times