Posted on :
3 Apr, 2018
3 Apr, 2018
Founded in 1994, the National Banking College (NBC) was the first specialist academic training institution for middle to top level bankers.
Over the years the College has grown to carve a new mission and vision offering, from relevant applied research spanning a uniquely broad range of fields to specialist consultancy services.
In 2009, over 2,400 participants passed through the gated campus of NBC, ranging from the most promising undergraduates to experienced senior managers and board level practitioners. Whether students and programme members are taking a Diploma or an MBA, or participating in an open executive programme, at NBC they will be inspired and empowered to advance, achieve and excel.
The NBC was set up at a time when the banking and finance segments of the financial services industry were undergoing embryonic structural adjustments. In 1994, there were 16 (universal/commercial) banks plus a handful of other bank and non-bank financial institutions. Today, there are 200 bank and non-bank financial institutions including Universal Banks (26), Rural & Community Banks (136),
Finance Houses (19), Savings & Loans companies (18) and Mortgage Company (1). Besides, there are over 1,300 Susu Collectors, which together have changed the landscape of the banking sector changed beyond recognition.
Job Title: Librarian
• Anticipating banking community needs and trends to ensure library services and resources are relevant and used
• Selecting, developing, cataloguing and classifying library resources
• Developing, implementing, evaluating and maintaining library strategies and policies in consultation with users and staff that fully reflect the training aims and objectives of the college
• Ensuring rostered circulation desk duties and assisting clients with self-serve technology
• Using automated information systems, databases and other technology for a range of processing and service tasks
• Providing direct services to on-site and off-site clients
• Keeping up-to-date with newly released publications of relevance to the Banking industry
• Managing stock, including the weeding out of old resources
• Maintaining an awareness of the legal and ethical considerations related to health and safety, data protection, copyright and the appropriate use of the internet
• Maintaining the relevance of the library policy
Qualification Required & Experience
• A good postgraduate degree in library and information studies
• A relevant professional qualification shall be an added advantage
• A member of the Ghana Librarian Association
• Must have held a management position for a minimum of 5 years
• Ability and experience in training, adult learning or facilitation
• A demonstrated exposure and passion for learning and development in the financial sector
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit the following: • Application Letter • Detailed Cv with names of 2 referees Applications are to be addressed to the: [email protected] Or the address below:The Head, Human Resources National Banking College PMB, KIA, Accra
Closing Date: 09 April, 2018