Posted on :
3 Apr, 2018
3 Apr, 2018
Founded in 1994, the National Banking College (NBC) was the first specialist academic training institution for middle to top level bankers.
Over the years the College has grown to carve a new mission and vision offering, from relevant applied research spanning a uniquely broad range of fields to specialist consultancy services.
In 2009, over 2,400 participants passed through the gated campus of NBC, ranging from the most promising undergraduates to experienced senior managers and board level practitioners. Whether students and programme members are taking a Diploma or an MBA, or participating in an open executive programme, at NBC they will be inspired and empowered to advance, achieve and excel.
The NBC was set up at a time when the banking and finance segments of the financial services industry were undergoing embryonic structural adjustments. In 1994, there were 16 (universal/commercial) banks plus a handful of other bank and non-bank financial institutions. Today, there are 200 bank and non-bank financial institutions including Universal Banks (26), Rural & Community Banks (136),
Finance Houses (19), Savings & Loans companies (18) and Mortgage Company (1). Besides, there are over 1,300 Susu Collectors, which together have changed the landscape of the banking sector changed beyond recognition.
Job Title: Director of Studies and Training
• Leading and managing the academic and training calendar of the college
• Designing and coordinating a high-quality, whole-school strategy and development portfolio
• Maintaining overall accreditation requirements
• Liaising with Financial Institutions to monitor the progress of faculty delivery
• Managing team of faculty and programme secretariat
• Monitoring and controlling the quality of the teaching programme with particular attention to course content
• Liaising with the Central Bank to keep the College updated on industry achievements and weaknesses
• Working with faculty in developing business for the college
• Developing links, for the benefit of the colleges and development agents
• Preparing and monitoring of budget
• Advising the Principal on all training and academic matters
Qualification Required & Experience
• A good postgraduate degree or PhD/DBA
• A relevant professional qualification shall be an added advantage
• Must have held a senior management position for a minimum of over 10 years
• Must be a practitioner with industry experience
• Must be in tune with the emerging trends in banking systems
• Ability and experience in training, adult learning or facilitation
• A demonstrated exposure and passion for learning and development in the banking industry
• Published works is an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit the following: • Application Letter • Detailed Cv with names of 2 referees Applications are to be addressed to the: [email protected] Or the address below:The Head, Human Resources National Banking College PMB, KIA, Accra
Closing Date: 09 April, 2018