Posted on :
3 Apr, 2018
3 Apr, 2018
Founded in 1994, the National Banking College (NBC) was the first specialist academic training institution for middle to top level bankers.
Over the years the College has grown to carve a new mission and vision offering, from relevant applied research spanning a uniquely broad range of fields to specialist consultancy services.
In 2009, over 2,400 participants passed through the gated campus of NBC, ranging from the most promising undergraduates to experienced senior managers and board level practitioners. Whether students and programme members are taking a Diploma or an MBA, or participating in an open executive programme, at NBC they will be inspired and empowered to advance, achieve and excel.
The NBC was set up at a time when the banking and finance segments of the financial services industry were undergoing embryonic structural adjustments. In 1994, there were 16 (universal/commercial) banks plus a handful of other bank and non-bank financial institutions. Today, there are 200 bank and non-bank financial institutions including Universal Banks (26), Rural & Community Banks (136),
Finance Houses (19), Savings & Loans companies (18) and Mortgage Company (1). Besides, there are over 1,300 Susu Collectors, which together have changed the landscape of the banking sector changed beyond recognition.
Job Title: Head of Credit Risk Management Faculty
• The management of the Credit Risk Faculty of the college
• The design, coordination, facilitation and administration of quality needs based training/research in the area of credit risk management
• The provision of research, training and consultancy emanating from the Business Development Department of the college
• Liaising with other faculty members for effective implementation of consultancy services
• Establish and maintain systems and procedures for the effective implementation of consultancy services
• Lead/coach credit staff to ensure their compliance of the requisite policies and guidelines in the industry through training and delivery of programmes
• Deploying the state of the art credit systems for practical usage of participants
• Support credit risk areas in other faculties
Qualification Required & Experience
• A good post graduate degree or PhD/DBA preferably in Accounting or Banking and Finance
• A relevant professional qualification shall be an added advantage
• Must have held senior management position for a minimum of 10 years
• Must be a practitioner with industry experience
• Must be in tune with the emerging trends in banking systems, especially in credit management
• Ability and experience in training, adult learning or facilitation
• A demonstrated exposure and passion for learning and development in the banking industry
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit the following: • Application Letter • Detailed Cv with names of 2 referees Applications are to be addressed to the: [email protected] Or the address below:The Head, Human Resources National Banking College PMB, KIA, Accra
Closing Date: 09 April, 2018